We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Best replacement for Quicken personal finance ?

2»

Comments

  • hansi wrote: »
    Have you not still got your Quicken disk?
    Yes I have , but I 'm not sure If it will work on my next PC with windows 7
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    You won't know if you don't try;)
  • Hurdler
    Hurdler Posts: 1,361
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    i just found out that MS Money is being discontinued ... sad face.
    And I tried to investigate Quicken/Quicken Online (now Mint)... and all seems to be very lacking in terms of latest versions/UK focus...

    [/scratches head and wonders is just having a simple spready would be better!]
    • Mortgage @ March 2008: £194,965 ; Lightbulb Moment: July 2011: £164,926; End Date: March 2033
    • MORTGAGE FREE: September 2015
    • MSE 1p Savings Challenge 2024 #50: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec = £223.84/£671.61
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,597
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Just google kublax

    or guess - it is kublax dot and then com
    Ahem:

    Kublax banking website goes under

    Kublax, the UK website which offered customers the ability to view all of their bank accounts and expenditure online, has gone int
    o administration after running out of money itself.
    poppy10
  • ... hmmm and yet the kublax website is still up and taking registrations....

    how odd. Wonder what the story is there.
  • kublax - the goddess of fortune, riches and splendour

    Lets see, a company that claims to helps you take care that you do not run out of money, has itself run out of money ! That sounds like a very good product - not !

    It'll do what they all do, sink [ steal from ] their current shareholders and start again in a third world country that has no financial / banking morals .. .. like Great Britain, so the slithering City of London's probably a good bet :)

    On an aside don't Kublax keep your banking details on a cloud based server, a free [ in return for shedloads of spam ] service.

    Put your bank account details in the ether for all to read does not sound like a good idea to me, if I'm wrong about cloud based banking someone please correct me.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • SpendingTracker is bit simpler, free tool with manual statement uploads.
  • For those wondering if Quicken will work on Windows 7, I have it running on my 64 bit Windows 7 PC. All it needed was to have the properties set as XP compatibility to install it successfully.
  • Hi

    Sorry to be a pain

    but I have just got new PC with windows 7 & do not know how to load Quicken as XP compatible - can you advise ? - I seem to think you did some time back but I cannot trace your reply .

    Regards

    Mike Anglin
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I had this problem, it depends on how old your version of Quicken is. In the end I just gave up on mine, it would not run on W7.

    I had almost as much trouble finding something to replace it - many of the packages were just far to complex for my simple needs. In the end someone on this site suggested this:

    http://moneydance.com/

    Very pleased with it; does all I want and was quite Quicken like in its operation. You can download it and do a free 100 transaction trial on it.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.