IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Unfair parking ticket - RCP Parking Manchester

Options
wigidiwigidiwak
wigidiwigidiwak Posts: 5 Forumite
edited 17 February 2010 at 11:35AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi All

I wanted to share this experience and hopefully get some advice from people who have been in a similar situation.

Yesterday my car was parked in a newly opened area of an exisiting car park which was basically an area of waste land with no markings on the ground. A ticket was bought at the machine and correctly displayed.

At some point during the day markings have been painted onto the ground around the cars that were parked there, and behind the area in which my car was parked large letters saying 'NO PARKING' have been painted. Not only that, but they had then issued parking tickets to all the cars (at least 4) who were parked in that area, including mine.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, a 'Civil Parking Charge Notice' was issued to the driver by RCP Parking for £50, or £80 if not paid within 14 days.

Clearly I feel that this ticket was unjustly issued and should not be paid. Has anyone else had a similar experience or a dispute with RCP Parking, or can anyone advise what should be done?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Pimpslider
    Options
    Like a fat bird in a pub....ignore! :beer:

Don't reply to any letters. File them all and make no contact.
    I'M NOT AS THINK AS YOU DUMB I AM...
    Like Gary the No-Trash Cougar says: "Give a larbage, throw out your garbage!" Spread the word!
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yup - heed the above advice and read the sticky on PPCs
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,775 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    pogofish wrote: »
    Yup - heed the above advice and read the sticky on PPCs

Yep, ignore the fake PCN as advised in this board sticky thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1363571

and be ready for the 'scary letters' which are not at all scary once you know they are just hot air and will fizzle out with no effect on you or your credit rating:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2214803

Then if you are still unsure then spend a happy hour or two reading through the advice given to hundreds of other people in your situation on here and on pepipoo.com. Read all the threads where they refer to a PPC (private parking company) - and before you know it you will understand it's all a scam:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=163

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Finally, most of us advising on this thread speak from experience. I ignored a PPC ticket last year and now come on here every day to stop others falling for this nonsense.

Some people on pepipoo collect tickets for fun and have ignored HUNDREDS! :T

In particular, don't let the letters scare you. A debt collector is not a bailiff.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • UsagiYojimbo
    Options
    Yep I agree too, just ignore any letters they send you, no matter how threatening they may seem.

The 'Civil Parking Charge Notice' they left on your car is just an invoice for allegedly breaking a contract that they are trying to say existed between the driver and the land owner. Though it may seem like you have more than a valid reason to appeal the ticket, there's really no point trying to as your appeal would be to the parking company itself and all they want is your money and will just refuse any appeal.

The best thing to do is just completely ignore it and ignore any further letters they may send you. They will eventually give up when they realise you aren't going to pay.
  • wigidiwigidiwak
    Options
    Ok thank you all for the advice, I shall bunker down and prepare myself for the barrage of letters!

Had I not been on here I would've tried to apepal, but now I won't bother, so thanks for a great resource.
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    Options
    Ok thank you all for the advice, I shall bunker down and prepare myself for the barrage of letters!

Had I not been on here I would've tried to apepal, but now I won't bother, so thanks for a great resource.
    Apepal, is that similar to PayPal.
    Take the advice already given and ignore.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • Sir_Roger_deLodger
    Options
    27col wrote: »
    Apepal, is that similar to PayPal.

No, its a dating agency for chimps.

All the above posts offer good advice, IGNORE!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure