Uswitch - Switching Free case of Wine 'NOT'

Options
Oneday77
Oneday77 Posts: 1,242 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi,
If I am in the wrong area please let me know where best to ask.

Back in October I used Uswitch to change dual fuel energy suppliers, I would have used moneysupermarket but Uswitch were doing a deal for a free case of 12 bottles of wine. This was all before I discovered Quidco :( and the like.
Now I am not stupid and I read the terms that said they would take upto 3 months for it to be delivered as payments had to be made to the new supplier. Like a good little energy user I held off asking until after the 3 months was up as funnily enough no wine. I have since sent 2 emails and made 3 calls and they keep saying sorry you used the wrong link so no wine.
If I used the wrong link ow did I know about it and how on earth did I get to switch. I didn't go to them directly it was a link. I can't remember the exact source of the Link though :( they have agreed there was a link at that time though. I also came across a thread that was on here a couple of years ago for something similar.
Has anyone else fallen foul of this lately or can offer any advice please?
New PV club member. 3.99kW system. Solar Edge with 14 x 285W JA Solar panels. 55° West from south and 35° pitch.

Comments

• Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 February 2010 at 9:36PM
    Options
    There are a couple of stickys on this above.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=954917
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=294694

Essentially you only get the free wine if you use the affiliate link from MSE. If you visited uSwitch directly (or perhaps previously and didn't clear history, cookies, etc), or from a link from elsewhere you are not be entitled to the free wine.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Oneday77
    Oneday77 Posts: 1,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks, I just thought the previous one was related to the old offer. I will give it a shot.
    New PV club member. 3.99kW system. Solar Edge with 14 x 285W JA Solar panels. 55° West from south and 35° pitch.
  • Magpie27
    Magpie27 Posts: 435 Forumite
    Options
    We had this problem but complained so much that in the end they agreed to honour the deal and finally sent the wine. It took about 5 months in the end though!
  • davidfaram
    Options
    I linked to Uswitch via quidco initially then found the MSE link so changed to that instead for the wine. I then phoned up Uswitch to make sure it had gone through with the wine deal only to find it had registered the switch with Quidco... I said I wanted the wine not the money so they changed it for me. The following week, £20 went into my Quidco account... I assumed I had lost the wine but then 3 months later I received the wine code by email! So I went to the Virgin wine site to order my wine and upgraded to the delux case at a cost of £20! Its the best wine I have had in a long time - and basically cost me nothing!
  • peterg1965
    peterg1965 Posts: 2,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is what I posted on one of the sticky threads...

I too a beginning to believe that this is a scam. I am on the list for the free case of wine and despite having been promised the email with the voucher code I have still not received it. I have made in excess of 7 calls to uSwitch, they confirm I am on the list and their excuses are: "the man who deals with the voucher codes is away/on holiday/day off"...." I will email directly the man who deals with the vouchers and he will call back" (did he hell), "we are waiting for another batch of wine codes from Virgin".

I switched in September 2009 and the main reason was saving money AND the free case of wine. I have been asked to call back in a couple of weeks.

This is shameful from a company I thought was reputable and promoted on this site.
  • peterg1965
    peterg1965 Posts: 2,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What a coincidence, I finally received my free wine case voucher today, after being on the phone AGAIN! It has only taken 5 months!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure