Weezl's phase 1- recipe testing and frugalisation- come one, come all!

edited 4 April 2010 at 8:33AM in How much have you saved?
4.7K replies 305.3K views

Replies

• aless02aless02 Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    speaking of grinders, you might want to check your closest Argoses...

Rachel Allen mini food processor (1L size) is less than half price at 8.99. Very limited stock but some people have reported finding it so it's not totally hopeless.
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • kezloukezlou Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are quite a lot of us 5'11"ers around! Buuuuut... can anyone beat my (and I'm a girl) size 11 feet?!

Another one who is a size (cough)... firmly in the plus sizes though!

Oh... and mine's a Jack 'n' coke! ;)
    em i don't anyone can beat the size of my feet ahem cough ahaem size 3 - 31/2.:o

One morning, as in two days ago, i put my 9 year olds sons shoes on by mistake. I'm not a morning person. my brain was not working(lack of caffiene).Needless to say the shoppies have never let me live that down. Guess what neither has my son, the little so and so is still torturing me now.
  • fletch3163fletch3163 Forumite
    900 Posts
    Hello everyone (again)

I'm all confused at the moment. Hell bent on reading the entire thread but nosey enough to want to keep catching up. I'm on page 60 but have caught up the last 20 or so too.

I'm having 11 for tea tomorrow (immediate family would you believe:eek:) My mum's going to be 80 on Tuesday so we sisters thought we'd congregate (at mine).

I just wanted to say really that I'm making your onion tart, your weetabix loaf (tips hat to even more money saving by using weetabix-type Asda things) and something else that I've forgotten now:o so even though they're super frugal recipes, they're still worthy of the treat table.

I'm enjoying this movement immensly. I think the collective are doing a fabulous thing. Stuff like this will always have its knockers (oo-err missus) be them subliminally or in your face, but I don't think there's many people who plan meals with such attention to nutrition as you are. Weezl, no sicophancy intended but it's very obvious that you have pure intentions so keep up the good work. You're "surrounded" by some super-giving people.
    Grocery Challenge M: £450/£425.08 A: £400/£:eek:.May -£400/£361 June £380/£230 (pages 18 & 27 explain)
  • artybearartybear Forumite
    978 Posts
    weezl- I think he does thank you!!

xxxxx
    In art as in love, instinct is enough
    Anatole France

Things are beautiful if you love them
    Jean Anouilh
  • weezl74 wrote: »

good morning lesley! I've done the planner, fingers crossed :) can I send it to you for a quickie once over of no howlers?

xxx

It's looking brill. Checked no dishes were under/over allocated -all AOK

xx
  • weezl74weezl74 Forumite
    8.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's looking brill. Checked no dishes were under/over allocated -all AOK

xx
    YAY!

Now then whaddya reckon do we give them a little sneaky preview?;)

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • AllegraAllegra Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    weezl74 wrote: »
    YAY!

Ohhhh you tease ! Gimme gimme gimme.... :D Pretty please ?

Incidentally, Weezl, I think that there may be a number of people in my area doing your planner on the sneak - went shopping today and on almost every item on the list the stocks were right down, with some being sold out altogether :( Wish the beggars would pipe up and own up though, lol.
  • weezl74 wrote: »
    YAY!

oh, I think so, I think they can handle it!
    8.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Allegra wrote: »
    Ohhhh you tease ! Gimme gimme gimme.... :D Pretty please ?

Incidentally, Weezl, I think that there may be a number of people in my area doing your planner on the sneak - went shopping today and on almost every item on the list the stocks were right down, with some being sold out altogether :( Wish the beggars would pipe up and own up though, lol.

do you know allegra I've been wondering the same thing, it's happened in both my local asdas :( But our readership isn't that big!!!!

cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    8.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok, planner-wise it's in spreadsheet form at the mo, how do I put it on here?

Googledocs with a linkie? Although that didn't work for some people :(

If anyone would volunteer to type it into a post I will send it to you via email?

xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

NS&I to change Premium Bond prize rate

It will rise to 1.40% from June

MSE News

Compers of the MSE Forum:

Show us the prizes you've won recently

Join the MSE Forum discussion