£5 are NOT available, have a look! (Ryanair)

Options
Go see for yourself, ryanair are advertising £5 flights to Wroclaw, Poznan, Lodz, Gdansk, of which NONE are available on ANY of the dates advertised.

There needs to be a complaint to an offical watchdog for misleading advertisement... How can I do this?

Comments

• Mr_Lahey
    Mr_Lahey Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Options
    unreal wrote: »
    Go see for yourself, ryanair are advertising £5 flights to Wroclaw, Poznan, Lodz, Gdansk, of which NONE are available on ANY of the dates advertised.

There needs to be a complaint to an offical watchdog for misleading advertisement... How can I do this?

I am a fan of Ryanair and was just about to come on and say how there are only so many seats available etc.... Then i realised that the offer only started today, i had a quick look and couldn't find any either. (Only checked LON)

http://www.asa.org.uk/
    The Summer Holiday of a Lifetime
  • BusPass_2
    Options
    I didn't book but there were £5 flights available In March this morning from Glasgow Prestwick to Paris.
  • leew
    leew Posts: 726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mr_Lahey wrote: »
    I am a fan of Ryanair and was just about to come on and say how there are only so many seats available etc.... Then i realised that the offer only started today, i had a quick look and couldn't find any either. (Only checked LON)

http://www.asa.org.uk/

Don't bother writing a letter of complaint to here as i did but got one back saying as Ryanair don't have a registered office in the UK we are unable to act :mad:

Just thought i'd save you wasting your time :)
  • inflationbusting
    Options
    I'm certain the sale was on yesterday as I almost booked something.

I think midnight is the time the prices change.
    Fare quotes when booking is real-time, the front page is not.

If it says £5 now, it's possible that there was a £5 fare at 12.05am this morning. Therefore it should be pulled tonight and the next level fare up would be shown (£14.99 which is £9.99 + £5 checkin) - for Wroclaw as example.

The fares underneath the airports do update but very slowly I have noticed. I suppose if anyone wanted to compare, you could get a screen grab at the very start of the sale.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

The sale started over 11 hours before you posted. Did you check then? If there was one seat available then they'll be allowed to advertise it.
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

£5 inc Birmingham to Gdansk on 9th March, but it does say only 1 left!
  • inflationbusting
    Options
    Incidentally, I also looked on BA on their sale for London - Rome, which is shown as from £49 one way for dates before end of Feb.

Damned if I can find one at that price.

The worst culprits IMO: Easyjet Holidays. Go to the deals page and there is all sorts of tempting deals for the next months ie: Athens 3* from Luton, 2 nights, 24-26 Feb, £99. Non-existant by the time you come to book. The worst is that there is deals from 2009 still on the page.
  • MarkBargain
    MarkBargain Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    Options

There are a million £5 flights for sale according to the Ryanair front page. I looked at flights from Stansted to Gdansk and could not find one!

Also, I have noted that even the promotional fares seem to carry the £5 online check-in fee recently.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £5 flights from Prestwick to Belfast available on 22 days in March. No online check in fees.

There's even a couple of days when at least 25 seats are available for £5 each.

However, if Ryanair fly approx 65 million passengers per year, this comes down to just over 5 million a month so this promotion should see 1 in 5 flights in March for this price. At that level I would expect more people to find availability than seem to have done going by this thread.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm certain the sale was on yesterday as I almost booked something.

I think midnight is the time the prices change.
    Fare quotes when booking is real-time, the front page is not.

If it says £5 now, it's possible that there was a £5 fare at 12.05am this morning. Therefore it should be pulled tonight and the next level fare up would be shown (£14.99 which is £9.99 + £5 checkin) - for Wroclaw as example.

The fares underneath the airports do update but very slowly I have noticed. I suppose if anyone wanted to compare, you could get a screen grab at the very start of the sale.
    That has got to be one of the lamest excuses yet. You should get a job in their PR department
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure