if martin brought out a monthly moneysaving mag would you buy it ?

Options
hi... just a thought if martin brought out a monthly mag.... that you could buy in the newsagents full of usefull tips and info from the mse..plus full of money off coupons and discount codes etc(part of the paid adverts) would you buy it ? i know i would......plus i should imagine there is alot of people who are not on the internet. so they havent got any idea that this brill site is here.....

so martin if you read this... could you let us know what you think of the idea.....thanks....if so martin..can i apply for a job....

i think a magazine like this would be lovely change from the other money mags as they are too intense...but a money mag for every day..people who havent got any savings..and in debt....rather than the ones that cater for the people who have loads of money and telling you the different places where you could invest your money:rotfl:
Work to live= not live to work

Comments

• smashed
    smashed Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No offence but dont make the mods do unneccessary work. This thread shouldnt be in "grabbit"
    Be nice
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ok sorry but didnt know where to put it....
  • wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Options
    No - I'd stick to this site where the details can easily be updated.
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • CharleneUK
    CharleneUK Posts: 3,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    "I did then, what I knew then. And when I knew better, I did better"
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    just read the site.
  • Shahie
    Shahie Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    A lot of the stuff that come's on the forum's have a short shelf life...

A deal posted at 9am could well be sold out by 10am as MSEer's pick up the bargains! With something like a 2 week lead time for a magazine publications - no point in advertising lot's of the the deals!

Martin bought out a book to give people plenty of idea's, I have a copy.

With the cost of a weekly magazine vs web access I think very few people would buy it.

Cooltrikerchick, you have Web access would you really pay for info. that you have already had access to via the web?!?!?!?

Just my thoughts.

Shahie
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks for that link....i speak to alot of people about this site...and a lot of people dont have interenet access....yes its great for us who are regulars to this site...so we can get the bargins and info as its posted..... but the mag could expose some of the companies in their wheelings and dealings.... also i know there are no adverts here and rightly so....but the mag could also have products adverts with vouchers etc.....also free sim cards attached to the mag as a freebie etc.....how to budget section.... maybe a free cd ......with meal planner...weekly spend sheets......debt list....etc....i think it would be propular mag.......
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hi..shahie...... obviously the mag could not advertise deals like there is here on the forums..... what i mean is the main idea..........maybe a mix between mse and his t.v. programme......advising people and helping then change the way they think about money etc......i also have the book.... helping them budget...i know this sounds simple... but there are loads of people that just dont know where to start.... also a lot of people need diagrams pictures etc..... for them to grasp......it could also contain loads from the old style money saving... with usefull tips.......and basically showing people how to "save the pennies..and the pounds will look after themselves " well thats what my gran allways used to say..... wish i had listened to her.....
  • carrie483
    carrie483 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    I don't think a weekly magazine would be very 'money saving' to be honest unless it was free.

Carrie.
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    how about a free one /supplement given with a national paper ..............................pointing more people to the site :D

but also useful for those without access to the net
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport