How do I get a PO Box address?

Options
1235»

Comments

• CANDYTROOPER1922
    Options
    £3.25 per dispatch isn't really worth it if you are having your mail forwarded every week or so as eazi virtual solutions charge £3.50 pm on a yearly contract i'd rather pay the extra 25p tbh.

Virtual offices / po box addresses should always be traceable as reputable companies should always ask for your ID just like royal mail.
  • FlyingDonkeys
    Options
    Astaroth wrote: »
    This is where being creative with your address comes in... I ran my business from Unit 1L, 106 Annfield Road for 3 years rather than saying First Floor Left Flat, 106 Annfield Road and to the best of my knowledge never had any mail that wasnt delivered to me (which is saying something!!)

If it is a company like Tesco/ RBS/ John Lewis than I would accept sending it to a PO Box, if it was an unknown then I probably would prefer to send it to basement flat to PO Box... at least then I know both "where they live" and that they are being open and honest... I am aware that with a PO Box direct from Royal Mail then you can trace the details of the owner but there are other companies out there that will register it in their name on your behalf and so PO Boxes still stink of secrets to me for unknown brands.

Such a cool response thanks - my thanks button not coming up.
    Flying Donkeys- Do no harm to others and you will benefit in more ways than one.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Such a cool response thanks - my thanks button not coming up.

maybe,but dont go crying when your postie changes and the mail isnt delivered
  • dpalmer1
    Options
    I just looked on PO site and it is now:-

6 months £115.50
    1 year £203.50

This is daylight Robbery. :mad:
  • earthstorm
    earthstorm Posts: 2,134 Forumite
    Options
    dpalmer1 wrote: »

6 months £115.50
    1 year £203.50

not really when a lot of scammers user PO boxes to hide their true address ( so their will be a risk of the PO box location being raided by authorities). Also most couriers will not deliver to PO boxes and a lot of online sites will not accept you if you use a PO box address.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dpalmer1 wrote: »

6 months £115.50
    1 year £203.50

dont use it then.....
  • FlyingDonkeys
    Options
    Dpalmer1 yup daylight robbery :(
    Flying Donkeys- Do no harm to others and you will benefit in more ways than one.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    I still use mine - and I've no interest in scamming. Indeed, the price increase (along with delivery to your actual address) has given the scammers a problem - it costs them too much.
  • earthstorm
    earthstorm Posts: 2,134 Forumite
    Options
    Buzby wrote: »
    Indeed, the price increase (along with delivery to your actual address) has given the scammers a problem - it costs them too much.
    Yes thats is one of the points why the increase and the delivery to your real address (which used to be a paid additional option that you did not need to take)
  • Tony_Williams
    Options
    I had one great all my mail got signed and I pickall up a 1week a go. However I still rent it and barely use it in L/POOL

Maybe since I trust mail see if all my parcels can get left in the entry (or just BE there) and have a sticker with sig. OR LEAVE with next door but one

ALSO POSTE RESTANTE is good as one off and free
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport