How do I get a PO Box address?

Options

Comments

• DaveLeeds_2
    DaveLeeds_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 24 June 2011 at 8:19AM
    Options
    I took out a po box number in Leeds to help with my business of web hosting and domain sales back in 2009 @ £54.00 for 12 months. 2010 the price had increased to £120.00 ..... 2011 the price has increased again to £170.00 ......... The explanation given by customer services @ royal mail?? The quality of service has increased sufficiently to warrant such increases ...... oh right!

I believe RM are taking advantage of the fact that small businesses simply can't afford to have letterheads / business cards etc changed to new details as well as having their website designed around a new address.
    Scandalous at the least!
  • Search_2
    Search_2 Posts: 288 Forumite
    Options
    There's a good one called UK Post Box, a bit like Earth Class Mail in the U.S. Good for ex pats or people travelling but also people with a small business and infrequent mail as they do a pay as you go type service.
  • texranger
    texranger Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Options
    DaveLeeds wrote: »
    that small businesses simply can't afford to have letterheads / business cards etc changed to new details as well as having their website designed around a new address.
    Scandalous at the least!

make your own letterheads/busines cards, you can get blankls now and some good design software
    you never design a website around your address. you just place you address on a contact page and amend the address if you move.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    triganfan wrote: »
    May I ask the question; do any talented moneysavingexperts out there have any tips on how best to set up a delivery address of some kind that people can use to send items to me but does not reveal my "real" address?

Having read this thread I see that a PO Box does not provide any sort of real privacy as it seems the royal mail must reveal the real address of a PO box number if asked - so its not the answer.

British Monomarks?

That's the one the anarchists etc use. I think they will only reveal the real address if forced to by a court order.
  • Tonibee
    Options
    I've come to this thread in researching a new business startup. There's been some really informative contributions.

I am considering a 'box' address for many of the reasons given by others. However, I have no wish to hide myself and my actual address is registered at companies house and my registration number is shown on my website so anyone can find me.

I like the idea of being creative with one's own address; I'm thinking 'Ground Floor Office', but my street is a 'Close', which begs the conclusion it's residential.
  • skater_kat
    Options
    i think if you have a obvious residential address then i would go with MBE or similar set up to acquire a better street address.
  • Fishingtime
    Options
    There are loads of mail shops that you can get a po box from, also the royal mail
    Owing on CC £00.00 :j

It's like shooting nerds in a barrel
  • CANDYTROOPER1922
    Options
    I know this thread is a bit old but i used to use Royal Mail but since the prices increase i use Eazi Virtual Solutions.

They have a few sites but this is the most helpful if it's going to help anyone - www.ukmailboxdirect.co.uk
  • moneysavingwebsite
    Options
    A FREE P.O. Box is available from Parcels Cheaper.

Only available in the Burnley area and you just pay to have your items forwarded at a flat rate of £3.25 per delivery for any number of items, this is a lot cheaper than the competition and a massive saving off Royal Mails P.O. Box fee with forwarding to an address at over £300 with the vat included per year. Nice and easy and you only pay when you use the service. Hope this benefits someone in the Burnley area.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    For starters these are NOT 'PO Box' addresses but one of many firms offering wannabe services. PO Boxes (historically Private Renter boxes at the local Post Office).

In the UKmailbox example above, you get to use 'their' address - and a check of their stated example postcode pulls up their street but NOT the number you are supposed to use, meaning the details are unverified.

Despite the cost, POBox renters are provided with their own postcode (usually deemed to be large user codes) and the RM postcode checker will pull up the name of the renter (or firm) that rents the facility. All this is great for security and is kosher as RM verify the actual address you claim to be working from.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure