Stupid food labels

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
26 replies 2.3K views
hansihansi Forumite
3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
Just opened a jar of rollmops from Lidl - on the side of the jar, it says it contains fish! I would never have known!

Replies

• A bag of peanuts - warning label says 'Contains Peanuts' actually suprised it didnt warn you about the salt content!
    :beer:In My 'Permanant' Pre-Masters Gap Year :beer:
    'Married' Apple Fan and Proud With 16 Conversions
    I am not affiliated with any company except the one for whom I work!
  • pitkin2020pitkin2020 Forumite
    4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bag of peanuts - warning label says 'Contains Peanuts' actually suprised it didnt warn you about the salt content!

LOL the best one I saw was on a packet of peanuts saying "May contain nuts", well I bloody hope so as its peanuts.
    Everyones opinion is the most important.....no wonder nothing is ever agreed on.
  • My Brother manufactures Peanut Brittle...the local trading standard morons have instructed him that future labels must contain the message...'May contain nuts'...God help us all.
  • pitkin2020pitkin2020 Forumite
    4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    raebhoop wrote: »
    My Brother manufactures Peanut Brittle...the local trading standard morons have instructed him that future labels must contain the message...'May contain nuts'...God help us all.

Nanny State Britain though, how many muppets with a nut allergy will end up suing as a nut bar doesn't say it "May Contain Nuts".
    Everyones opinion is the most important.....no wonder nothing is ever agreed on.
  • Well, peanuts are not nuts, they are legumes, so it is warning you that there may be nuts or nuttraces in this legume (ie not nut) product.
  • delaindelain Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    (on the bottom of tesco tiramisu) 'do not turn upside down.'

oops, too late!
    Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession :o:o
  • Okay so these are not food labels but still very amusing;

"Do not attempt to stop the blade with your hand." -- In the manual for a Swedish chainsaw.

"Beware! To touch these wires is instant death. Anyone found doing so will be prosecuted." -- On a sign at a railroad station.

"Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly." -- On a child sized Superman costume.
    :beer:In My 'Permanant' Pre-Masters Gap Year :beer:
    'Married' Apple Fan and Proud With 16 Conversions
    I am not affiliated with any company except the one for whom I work!
  • pulliptearspulliptears Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not a food label, but on some tablets prescribed to my Westie dog it stated in large letters:
    May cause drowsiness do not drive or operate heavy machinery

I didn't lend him the car that day ;)
  • hansihansi Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about those bottles that say "Shake before using" I was shaking so much I couldn't open the bottle:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Also, I came along a sign last week that said,"Dogs must be carried" Do you know, I couldn't find a bl**dy dog anywhere":rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Dr.Shoe_2Dr.Shoe_2 Forumite
    1K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    That is because many vets use human drugs as they're cheaper. There were plans to try and stop this practice by the drug companies so they could charge three times as much for "species specific" drugs... never caught on though!
    [strike]-£20,000[/strike] 0!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals