PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Unregistering a Business name at my home address?

Options
13»

Comments

• DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    Options
    prudryden wrote: »
    I am except that jerk! Let him take out his problems on his ex-wife.
    Fire_Fox wrote: »
    Congratulations you just earned yourself an abuse report.
    Don't be so childish!!!!
    Maybe you just earned yourself another one. Please behave, this isn't CeeBeeBees

Thanks guys for the support. By way of explanation I think, given the baseless comment about ex-wife, this might a deranged and embittered stalker from the Marriages and Relationships Board, whom I may have upset earlier today by positing a comment on a thread about separated parents taking their children on holiday. For the record, until no more than 5 minutes ago, I have had no ex wife, and I think our relationship will outlast prudryden's posting privileges. :p
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    DVardy please delete the negative description of the other party before abuse turn up to see what all the fuss is about.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • DVardysShadow
    Options
    Fire_Fox wrote: »
    DVardy please delete the negative description of the other party before abuse turn up to see what all the fuss is about.
    Thanks for the friendly advice! I have written it, so I am not going to walk away from it. I am clear it is speculative on my part, but I feel it is fair comment, given the barmy reference to me having an ex wife.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • prudryden
    prudryden Posts: 2,075 Forumite
    Options
    You picked on two posts that were trying to answer the OP and you attempted to be clever with childish remarks about their posts. Your comments were not aimed at helping the OP at all just showing up the others. There was no reason for it and my earlier comments are probably close to the truth. I have always held Fire Fox comments in regard, but his support of you in this case is surprising.
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
  • DVardysShadow
    Options
    You picked on two posts that were trying to answer the OP and you attempted to be clever with childish remarks about their posts. Your comments were not aimed at helping the OP at all just showing up the others. There was no reason for it and my earlier comments are probably close to the truth. I have always held Fire Fox comments in regard, but his support of you in this case is surprising.
    Well, sorry to offend. But:
    • the Post Office and Royal Mail are 2 separate organisations and have been for a long time, so giving a pointer to the right one could really save the OP some time going to the wrong one.
    • Any organisation using an address database would naturally use a single database from Royal Mail rather than attempt to amalgamate dozens of different council tax databases from across the land, so again, important to look at the right database.
    so, I think I can make a fair case about helping the OP go in the right direction. If you think me childish for doing so, then so be it - but I am not going to let you intimidate me from posting, especially if appeasing you could mean that the OP wastes effort in the wrong directions.

And finally the ex wife bit? Are you going to justify that? It certainly isn't childish, it's more adult spite.
  • prudryden
    prudryden Posts: 2,075 Forumite
    Options
    Well, sorry to offend. But:
    • the Post Office and Royal Mail are 2 separate organisations and have been for a long time, so giving a pointer to the right one could really save the OP some time going to the wrong one.
    • Any organisation using an address database would naturally use a single database from Royal Mail rather than attempt to amalgamate dozens of different council tax databases from across the land, so again, important to look at the right database.
    so, I think I can make a fair case about helping the OP go in the right direction. If you think me childish for doing so, then so be it - but I am not going to let you intimidate me from posting, especially if appeasing you could mean that the OP wastes effort in the wrong directions.

And finally the ex wife bit? Are you going to justify that? It certainly isn't childish, it's more adult spite.

Actually, I got that wrong about the ex-wife. It isn't you but someone else. When I said the database, it was meant to be the RM as that was the one being referred to in the immediate previous posts. Shall we go back and delete our posts?
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
  • DVardysShadow
    Options
    Actually, I got that wrong about the ex-wife. It isn't you but someone else. When I said the database, it was meant to be the RM as that was the one being referred to in the immediate previous posts. Shall we go back and delete our posts?
    There is a word or 2 you could add, but I am getting quite used to the idea of having the reputation of having an ex wife. Having gone to the trouble of trawling your posts, I only regret suggesting that I picked you up as a stalker from the Marriage and Relationships forum - obviously I have annoyed you much closer to home.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport