PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• loulou0327
    Options
    I'm declaring at 209.98 for Feb will try again in march for 200 please.
    Grocery challenge Jan 270.27/200:eek:

Total debt 04/01/2011 £2671.23:eek:
  • holly44
    holly44 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Can you put me down for 250.00 for March ,first ever try , this is for 4 of us .

Going to use up what I have and really knuckle down and not overspend .Oh and on holiday this week so intend to have a batch cooking day which will also be a first .

Totally determined to do this

Holly44
    Debt 25,000 /0.00 Paid off before I found this site .Lightbulb moment ,being refused consolidation loan .Took 4 yrs :T
    Mortgage 66,000/56,000
    Emergency Fund 2.00
    March Grocery Challenge 250/420. April 375.00 :)
    3 Adults , 1 teenager 1 dog ,toiletries cleaning stuff.:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Jacey53
    Jacey53 Posts: 292 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi - I spent £192 in February, but I have gone over my receipts and there is a lot of wasted money there.
    Could you please put me down for £160 in March too.
    Sealed Pot challenge 2011 member 1051 - aiming for £365
    Frugal living challenge 2011 £4044 or less!
    Make £11,000 in 2011 £0/£11,000
    Planning a hand-made Christmas 2011
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    I thought I had been here reading every day, but must have missed the link to the March Challenge..
    I'll not say too much for now as there's almost three quarters of the day left & I don't want to jinx mesen :rotfl:but let's just say I did a shop on Thursday that left me :eek: at the check-out :o
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• savingforoz
    savingforoz Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    I'm declaring at £57.44 for February, so I'm well pleased with that :D as my limit was £70.

I'll go for £60 for March, please.
    Life is not a dress rehearsal.
  • franby64
    franby64 Posts: 944 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 28 February 2010 at 9:27AM
    Options
    Morning all

Well I would like to declare at £430.74 for Feb. £30.74 over. I Spent another £9.69 yesterday mainly on pizzas and sausages (reduced and some of which have come out of March's budget).

I had booked my first March T*sco order for Tuesday night but decided to bring it forward to this morning as we are running very low. The extra £2.50 that a Sunday delivery costs should be offset by cutting out my local shopping expeditions on Sunday, Monday and Tues mornings (though I'll probably find something to buy!) One of my aims for next month is to cut down my daily food shopping and plan better.

So I'm tweaking a bit as this shop is out of March's budget but it's a big shop so I'm hoping not to spend much more in the first week of March.
    Good luck everybody!
    August Shopping Challenge. 26/8. Budget £250 Spent £256.81.. £6.81 over. So £0.00 a day left.
  • hilly123
    Options
    £261 for Feb so think would like to try and reduce it to £250 for March, will have to get OH to stop buying sweets!!!:rotfl:
    £460/2000 mortg overpayment
  • mrssnowy_2
    Options
    Morning all

MrsM declaring £168.63 for February please

Shopped in MrM yesterday,about 6.30ish,VERY quiet as T##co opened in same road last week.
    Anyway big lump of double gloucester,about 1lb,for 39p-looks like lots of cheesy leeks,mac.cheese.
    Pakoras 10 for 19p(eaten in car on way home),but bought a boxed Chinese meal-£6.50 instead of nearly £15 from shop.
    Long day-260mile round trip for a 4 hour OU talk,which was very interesting and its not me doing the course:D
    Random shop in MrM as I was so tired I couldn't think straight-BUT no carp.

See you tomorrow

mrss
    You can't stay young for ever,but you can be immature for the rest of your life.
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    Spiggle wrote: »
    Thanks Rosieben for the recipe list:T.

Does anyone know if this wonderful sounding recipe courtesy of angelnikki can be made in the BM please?

Cheese and Potato Bread

225g / 8oz plain flour
    1 tsp salt
    ½ tsp mustard powder (optional)
    2 tsp baking powder
    125g / 4 ½ oz grated cheese
    175g / 6oz potatoes, cooked & mashed (you can use instant potato instead)
    200ml / 7 fl oz water
    1 tbsp oil

Sieve the flour, salt, mustard powder (if using) and baking powder into a bowl.
    Reserve 2 tbsp of the cheese, and stir the rest into the bowl with the cooked & mashed potatoes.
    Pour in the water and oil, (the mixture will be wet at this stage) and stir to form a soft dough.
    Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and shape it into a 20cm round.
    Place on a greased/lined baking tray and mark it into 4 portions with a knife, without cutting through.
    Sprinkle with the reserved cheese, then bake 220C / Gas 7 for 25-30 mins.

Variation: Add 50g chopped ham with the cheese.

Obviously wouldn't be round but would still probably taste as good and mouth watering as my imagination is making it!

well looking at it as it doesn't need kneading (no pun intended!!) i wouldn't personally use the bm, just a big bowl and a wooden spoon

no idea where i'm at (need to check siggy for total) but for march £100 please MrsM
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• JayJay14
    JayJay14 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Options
    Wish I'd seen that cheese and potato bread recipe before I dropped the bowl of left over mash on the kitchen floor!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure