Favours Help!?

Options
13»

Comments

• tartantotty
    Options
    angel13 wrote: »
    why would a teacher be getting her pupils to make thank you tags for your wedding guests? does this not seem a bit strange as should they not be focussing on their own work or maybe some artwork for their parents or people they know? I would not like it if thats what my son was doing at school. why not just make your own tags?

I didn't expect that reaction!
    My good friend is a teacher of a class of 5 year olds, who absolutely love making things. She offered the assistance of the class as they had done something similar for someone else and really enjoyed it. I don't think its stange at all. It is hardly going to interfere with their school work as they will be making 1 small tag each, as part of craft time, for something FUN to do!! I was actually quite touched that she offered, and the tags will look lovely.
    However, you are just as entitled to your own opinion, as I am, and I thank you for your comments.
  • frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didn't expect that reaction!
    My good friend is a teacher of a class of 5 year olds, who absolutely love making things. She offered the assistance of the class as they had done something similar for someone else and really enjoyed it. I don't think its stange at all. It is hardly going to interfere with their school work as they will be making 1 small tag each, as part of craft time, for something FUN to do!! I was actually quite touched that she offered, and the tags will look lovely.
    However, you are just as entitled to your own opinion, as I am, and I thank you for your comments.

My PE teacher rounded up a group of us from the Choir at 12 and got us to sing at her wedding!! I thought it was a clever idea, lovely voices singing all the hymns for free! I think she was very clever and of course very MSE :D
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • morwenna
    morwenna Posts: 844 Forumite
    Options
    picklepick wrote: »
    hmm i was thinking about having the lanterns but now im not so sure. i guess with fireworks the 'fire' is all the way up in the sky and u get the odd bit of stick, or plastic etc falling down, i didnt really think about what happens to the lantern after they've floated off... our weddings in the country, imagine what would happen if it fell on a thatched roof or something equally horrific!

We are having lanterns if the weather is favourable. (There are a couple of people designated wind/weather watchers!) I have sourced all bamboo (no nasty wires and the like) Sky Lanterns and hopefully they will go over the sea. (A seaside wedding.) H2B is a member of The National Coastwatch Institute so will tell the Coastguard what we are planning and will get the necessary permissions etc. TBH - flares don't actually behave the same way as lanterns, so the differences should be easy to spot.
  • Tigerlilley1980
    Options
    Hi there, we had fudge for everyone made by my cake lady, The ladies had angel mobile phone charms made by a friend of mine and the men got baileys truffles. We also put a scratchcard under everyone's seat and the dj announced a table at a time to scratch them, this was instead of a first dance.

I also did bags for all the kids that contained a game, sweets, crayons and colouring book. They seemed to go down well. HTH Tiger x
    Married the most amazing man 05/12/09 and it was the best day ever, I'm a Mrs, he he!!
    :j
    Wins 2009: Peroni Alessi bowl woohoo, 1 in 10 wins DVD from Maltesers, Avon lippy!!!
    Freebies-Bold Gel, Coffee
    Pinecone Research - £9
    Mystery Shopping - £15
  • 1ubthrifty
    1ubthrifty Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    I think its really a good idea of the teacher to give her class the opportunity of writing for a purpose. Little children love to feel that they are doing an important job and helping someone else. And its a REAL task, I like it, and I'm sure they will too!:) xx
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    There are some lovely favours on this site https://www.piskiemagic.co.uk - be warned though she is going to be putting up her prices soon. There are some lovely things on there.
  • Bride2be24
    Bride2be24 Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    I am having forget me not seeds. My nanna/Grandad/Uncle & Partners Grandad will sadly not be at my wedding as they have passed away so in rememberance of them i am having the forget me not seeds xx <3
    :D :T Became Mrs Allison on 23rd April 2011 :D:T

:heart::D Also trying for a baby :D:heart:
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    One of the venues I'm looking at offers personalised home-made jams or chutneys (made using the farm produce) which is cute.

My sister had a special "wedding brew" made by a local beer brewery too, with a photo of her & her hubby on the lable.
  • Kevie192
    Kevie192 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Options
    What about some nice handmade soap?

I have often made favours up for customers with the bride and groom's names or initials and date stamped into the soap. :) Wrapped nicely and either tied with raffia, in an organza bag or with some other kind of embellishment to match the wedding decor.

Kevin x
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    Another place for favours is https://www.favourfairy.co.uk

Remember that your placecard holders can be favours too which catches two birds with one stone.:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure