Favours Help!?

Options
Hi Everyone,

I have been searching for ages to come up with something different for my sister to do for her favours at her wedding but can't seem to find any good sites etc... Does anyone have any good ideas or websites?

Many Thanks
I am DEBT - FREE!?!?

Comments

• frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome!

There are quite a few thread on here regarding favours, take a look some fab ideas.
    I have done small candles in organza bags for my favours
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • Dizzie77
    Dizzie77 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Options
    A lot of it depends on how many favours there need to be (i.e lottery tickets are cool, but not if you're buying for 300!!)
    Also depends on the type of wedding.....very formal, modern,relaxed....

and it can depend on the time of year too...!!
    Why does nobody say Thank You anymore??:mad:
    Debt Free as of September 2011 :j
    Sealed Pot 2009 number 334 - £100 Saved! yey!!
    Sealed Pot 2010 number 334 - £116.51 Saved! Yey!! YIPPEE!!
  • rene2b
    rene2b Posts: 827 Forumite
    Options
    ive just ordered mine :j
    we are having cancer favours
    http://www.giveincelebration.org/favours/

and its the best money ive spent so far
  • pretzelnut
    pretzelnut Posts: 4,301 Forumite
    Options
    We are haiving mini bottles of perfume and aftershave for the wedding breakfast, both me and DF are obsessed by our scents, a kind lady on here bagged me some in the boots sale, so its cost me £50 for 75 mini bottles of perfume.

That way everyone gets something they can keep and use, and the smell will remind them of our day.

At the night time we are having a balloon release in memory of my son, in the favour bags there will be a mini pencil, a handmade tag and a balloon. Has cost about £15 for 100 of these.

We were going to have sky lanterns but the venue said they have seen so many peple struggle to do them on their own, its better to get the professionals in especially if you want a 100 but our budget wont stretch that far, then the favour bags were also going to have a lighter in them so each guest could light their own lantern.

We havent bought anything yet, so we might go with the lanterns if we can cut down the budget elsewherem, but this will be a last minute decision.
    :TIs thankful to those who have shared their :T
    :T fortune with those less fortunate :T
    :T than themselves - you know who you are!
    :T
  • mellymeep
    mellymeep Posts: 617 Forumite
    Options
    This is one of my favourite sites for wedding DIY
    http://www.diybride.com/category/diy-projects-tutorials/
    trying to become a moneysaving student
  • Dizzie77
    Dizzie77 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Options
    That's a fab idea Rene - as a CRUK Volunteer - I applaud you thinking of charity on your special day.

On my 30th Birthday, instead of presents, I asked my friends and family to make a donation to CRUK or to plant a tree....and I know that some people have given saplings as their favours....lovely ideas.
    Why does nobody say Thank You anymore??:mad:
    Debt Free as of September 2011 :j
    Sealed Pot 2009 number 334 - £100 Saved! yey!!
    Sealed Pot 2010 number 334 - £116.51 Saved! Yey!! YIPPEE!!
  • pretzelnut
    Options
    Help for heroes are sending me out a collection jar, we are going to put it next to the bar, and if people want to pop some change in when they recieve it that will be fantastic, I have 2 brothers in the army and 1 BIL2B in the RAF, we will start the fund off by contributing to it.
  • Stephb1986_2
    Options
    princesswoo I bought a sky lantern last week and tried it out to see if it was a good idea it took about 5-10 mins you can get them cheap on ebay.

They are totally amazing and was thinking of having these and getting the guests to write their wishes on them and then we can light them and send them off into the sky :)

Steph xx
  • pretzelnut
    Options
    Stephb1986 wrote: »
    princesswoo I bought a sky lantern last week and tried it out to see if it was a good idea it took about 5-10 mins you can get them cheap on ebay.

They are totally amazing and was thinking of having these and getting the guests to write their wishes on them and then we can light them and send them off into the sky :)

Steph xx

We have used them loads before, i know how to use them, its the other 98 guests that worry me, lol.

I have found several cheap suppliers of the lanterns, i really want them there beautiful when you see them all in the sky, so much more special and romantic than fireworks, cheaper too.
  • rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We're only having immediate family to our wedding breakfast so the 16 females are getting gorgeous heart compact mirrors and a handbag charm and the 15 men are getting hip flasks.

Other ideas I had which were mainly related to our spring wedding were personalised seed packets, planted daffodil bulbs in some lovely tea cups, chocolate nest cakes. I also thought about doing minature whisky and spirits and personalised love hearts.

Another popular one is a cd of the couples favourite songs, or songs that will be played at the wedding.

But if you search the site it will bring up lots of past thread about favours
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure