How soon is too soon?

Options
13»

Comments

• puddycat
    Options
    I certainly don't think it's too early to start planning. We wanted a couple of years to save so chose 2012. I always wanted to be a June bride but the European championships are that year so we've had to do careful planning of the date. In the end we chose the 2nd June as the football season has ended and it's a week before Euro 2012 starts. We've now realised that the weekend we've picked could be a 4 day bank holiday as it's the Queens diamond jubilee that year and there's talk of everyone getting an extra bank holiday and moving the spring bank week back a week to coincide, although it's not been confirmed yet. So just to be on the safe side we want to book a venue asap before everyone realises it to be a prime weekend and push the prices up!
  • birduk
    birduk Posts: 466 Forumite
    Options
    Pickledpink you are a brave lady! We are buying a house in the next year (or two) too, so that's why I was putting off the wedding as well. Crikes! You have done absolutely loads. I think you are going to be so busy!

Puddycat are you a football widow?

I was wondering what sort of things you should book when, so thanks for the info! I had no idea you had to book so much stuff so far in advance. Do you think it would be easier for a weekday wedding?
  • puddycat
    Options
    No, we're both big football fans although of different teams which makes it more interesting, lol.

It would have been a nightmare if England played on the same day as my wedding. I can remember my Dad and about 30 others not turning up till 9:30pm to my 21st birthday a few years ago because England was playing. I've learnt my lesson!!
  • bride2be2012
    Options
    Hey guys! We're planning to have our wedding for September 2012 - only been engaged since last Saturday, so very excited!

Up til now, all I've done is look at dresses and asked my best friend and my middle sister to be bridesmaid, and my youngest sister and H2B's youngest niece to be flowergirls.

Planning anything else at the moment is a bit hard as H2B currently lives and works 2 hours away from me, and I might have to relocate with work before the end of the year, so I'm not allowing myself to book a venue until all that is sorted out!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure