How soon is too soon?

Options
We've talked about getting married 1st Sep 2012 which is all well and good but it's 943 days away!! :( *cries*

I can't exactly start planning/booking anything at this point can I. Or can I?

How soon is too soon to start booking/planning?
What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine..

Comments

• shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Of course you can start planning now!

You can go venue hunting. (Some venues might even take your booking this early)

You can choose your guest list.

You can look for a good photographer/videographer/DJ/band etc...

You can choose your bridal party.

You can choose your colours.

You can have lots of fun dress hunting/shopping.

You can shop for bits, such as table decorations, invitations (if you want to do them yourselves) and jewellery.

You can hunt for your dream honeymoon.

Plus it means you have AGES to hunt down some good bargains too!
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • neneromanova
    Options
    shellsuit wrote: »
    Of course you can start planning now!

You can go venue hunting. (Some venues might even take your booking this early)

You can choose your guest list. *Blushes* Already done

You can look for a good photographer/videographer/DJ/band etc... Friend is doing this

You can choose your bridal party. Done - DD as flowergirl/bridesmaid Bump(whatever it is) as whatever sex it comes out as.

You can choose your colours. Pink and CHocolate

You can have lots of fun dress hunting/shopping. Can't really for 7 more months as I'm pregnant

You can shop for bits, such as table decorations, invitations (if you want to do them yourselves) and jewellery.

You can hunt for your dream honeymoon. Lol, I already know my dream place is Maldives. Whether we can afford it is another matter :D

Plus it means you have AGES to hunt down some good bargains too!

Yeah I suppose you're right. I guess I'm just Impatient...*blushes*
    What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine..
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah I suppose you're right. I guess I'm just Impatient...*blushes*

Haha!! :rotfl:

Oh well, just think then, with that much time on your hands, you can have your perfect wedding and your dream honeymoon as you have ages to save up for it!

Why don't you take out a subscription for a wedding magazine, so you can drool and dream each month? lol

Wedding ideas is a brill one and not that expensive at all! x
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • Minxy_Bella
    Minxy_Bella Posts: 1,948 Forumite
    Options
    I planned my wedding two years in advance - booked the venues, photographer and started planning outfits and everything Shellsuit outlined.

Yes, it seems like a long time away but it really does go sooo fast.

Just a tip though, from one who's been there - don't make the next two years ALL about the wedding, like I did. Once the day was over, we both had a really miserable downer because it was like there was nothing left to look forward to.

Bummer! LOL
  • Miss_Stellerstar
    Options
    I've been planning mine since I got engaged two years ago! I'm not getting hitched until November next year and only started to book things this month. But I started to make the invites last year (still at it today) because I've got loads to make and this way it felt like I was doing something towards the wedding and that I could take my sweet time doing it. Only doing it when I felt like it and not having to rush to get it all done on time. So now all I have to do is print out an insert for them and sort out the guest list :)
    :kisses2: Getting Married 5th November 2011 :kisses2:
  • hezza86
    hezza86 Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to make you feel better....
    Im a 2012 bride too. And iv just (today) confirmed my venue. Been looking since last year.
    Im now trying to sort out insurance before i pay the deposit.
    Im confirmed for 14th july 2012.
    woop!
  • kymbo82
    kymbo82 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    never too soon, we started our planning last year and we are getting married next year, venue was booked 2 yrs before the date, and I have put the deposit on my dress as it was due to be dicontinued.
    when I went to a wedding fayre I over heard lots of couples saying they were getting married 2012
  • The_Moog_2
    Options
    Can I just say that is a FAB date. It will also be my 5th wedding anniversary :D
  • Lexxi
    Lexxi Posts: 2,162 Forumite
    Options
    You can also work out what you're willing to spend and how you're going to save it. Mine's planned for the end of the year and I want to buy all the little things now as the big things are so expensive!
  • Stephb1986_2
    Options
    I'm only getting married in 2014 and I'm already looking I've got enough magazines to sink a battleship!! :)

Steph xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport