We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheapest heating option

Options
2»

Comments

• keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    Options
    Suggest you post your questions in Post #8 over in the Utility Section of the Forum. Lots of experts there.

Clicky to take you there.

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • missymugwump
    missymugwump Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    Options
    Will check it out
    :beer:
    "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes." :cool:

All truth goes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You might also run a search on the 'House Buying, Renting and Selling' board: as this has been discussed several times this winter. A landlord is supposed to provide adequate heating, it seems likely that just two storage heaters for a three bedroom house in not legal. Environmental Health would be the agency that would intervene and force the landlord to upgrade the heating system should this be deemed necessary. If the property needs insulating the tenants may qualify for this free if they are on any of a range of benefits.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • clockworks_2
    Options
    To change it back should cost £50 if that , but some companies will do it for free. I prefer oil rads as its more a constant comfort heat then electric fan or convector heats which are almost on or off.
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How long do they plan to stay there ? If not too long, the best bet might be a couple of second hand oil filled radiators from their local charity warehouse.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure