Air Asia Refund

Options
Hello - I hope someone can help!

I booked flights in March 2009 for travel in December with Air Asia, Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi return.

They had 4 return flights throughout the day - with the 9:50 being the earliest and also meaning I had a good 4-5 hours before my connecting flight back to London. I have the original confirmation of this booking.

When going to print out the confirmations I noticed they had changed my return flight to a later time. This would have meant a high probability of missing my connecting flight back to London. I thought they might have cancelled that flight but no it was still a booking option. I had no notification of the flight change from them - I even looked in my spam folder. Therefore I called them with no answer. As I was travelling later that day I had no choice but to change the flight myself online to the early flight I originally booked.

I called them when I returned only for them to give me an email address to complain to. I have received no answer in over 3 weeks.

I called for the second time asking them for a reply - they said they did not receive the email and to send again - I sent this 5 more times!

I am basically being penalised for a change they made.

Do I have any rights in getting a refund for the extra payment I made for flights I paid to change back?? Can I ask my credit card company to dispute this charge on my behalf? Or am I consigned to losing my money...

Many thanks for any help!

Comments

• jamesbrownontheroad
    Options
    I think not. Regardless of whether or not AirAsia informed you of the flight change, I think you would have a very tenuous claim with regard to subsequent costs. After all, AirAsia sold you a round-trip ticket with no obligation to make your international connection. I'm pretty certain that as a non-EU low cost airline (we have some of the best passenger rights in the world here in Europe), their T+Cs are probably open enough to allow a flight change anytime within the same day.

Sorry I can't offer anything more helpful.
  • Mr_Lahey
    Mr_Lahey Posts: 1,289 Forumite
    Options
    Travel insurance would be my port of call.

As for Air Asia, i flew plenty of times with them around Malaysia/Vietnam/Singapore and consider them the best budget airline in the world.
    The Summer Holiday of a Lifetime
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport