Board title - new poll (more options)

Biggles
Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
edited 22 January 2010 at 11:01AM in Over 50s MoneySaving
The original poll on the name of this board only had two options and was based on the premise that people were unhappy with the existing title, though quite a few posters said they weren't fussed about it at all.

This includes the existing title and those suggested in the other thread, plus the option to suggest a new one.

What name should this forum have? 47 votes

Silver Savers (over 50s)
40% 19 votes
Silver Savers
6% 3 votes
Over 50s
27% 13 votes
Senior Savers
6% 3 votes
Mature Savers
10% 5 votes
Other (post your suggestion below)
8% 4 votes

Comments

• Biggles
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It would be helpful, even if you've voted on the original poll, if you would vote on this one as well, as it would help to provide a balanced view.
  • DiggerUK
    DiggerUK Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I have no problem with current title.
    However I did read it as Silver Surfers (over 50's) for quite some time. So if it is changed then that is what I suggest.
    Name changing is so David Brent anyway.

I don't think many on here need saving at all. It's others wot need saving from us.
  • Biggles
    Combo Breaker First Post
    (Bump)....
  • DiggerUK wrote: »
    I have no problem with current title.
    However I did read it as Silver Surfers (over 50's) for quite some time. So if it is changed then that is what I suggest.

Until you pointed this out, I would have sworn it already was Silver Surfers (over 50's) - so I agree with this suggestion.
  • Raven
    Raven Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Would just like to add this title as a possible option, "Silver Threads" not only the over 50's - many peeps read in here and I think its respectful and a nice play on words when related to a forum.

I'm a few years off this age grouping but always look in and have picked up a few handy tips, thanks to all the posters. :)

Raven
    I'd like to teach the World to sing in perfect Harmony :grin: :j :D:)
  • jennyjelly
    jennyjelly Posts: 1,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 28 January 2010 at 10:53AM
    Silver anything conjures up visions of the sort of people you see in tv ads for stair lifts and motorised bath seats - I'm in this age category but I'm certainly NOTHING like that!

Please can we just consider dropping the patronising 'silver' tag? Or maybe I should just dye my hair grey to fit in .....

Edit: BTW I'm not convinced it's a necessary thread anyway - surely saving money is achieved by the same means however old you are? As part of the target audience I spend very little time here in comparison to other parts of the forum.
    Oh dear, here we go again.
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    If anyone wants to vote the MSE poll is here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2219665
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • DiggerUK
    DiggerUK Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Until you pointed this out, I would have sworn it already was Silver Surfers (over 50's) - so I agree with this suggestion.

Should have gone to Specsavers. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport