PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

My lavender looks like this.......

Options

Comments

• black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I wish I had that lavender in my garden. If it were me I would make lavender bags and sell them on ebay. They are always popular.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • waterlilyann
    waterlilyann Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you all!!! I've taken the shears to it and I've now got more lavender than I can shake a stick at :eek: !! My hands smell lovely though :D

I will definatly make sachets but was also wondering if I could make soap with it - might look pretty. Any clues how to do this????? Should I dry the lavender first?
    Thank you - please keep the suggestions coming........I could seriously go into business with the amount I have !
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch...:D
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    yep you can add it to soap but I'd dry it if I were you :) then there is lavender potpourie (no idea how it's spelt) wheat bags with lavender to heat in the microwave for sore muscles, lavender infused bath salt, bath bombs, nice smelly bags for hanging in wardrobes, or arrange them in a wreath thingy for a smelly decoration in the bathroom :)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • Kazonline
    Kazonline Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    Options
    I have two simillar in size to this (i also forgot to trim back last year so hacked at it in spring and it quickly recovered). I'd also love to dry it so I can have dried stems of lavender - how do you stop it all from falling off? I think I read once that you spray with hair laquer?
    Kaz x
    PS - Found this and thought others might find usefull
    http://www.gardenguides.com/articles/lavender.htm
    also this
    http://whatscookingamerica.net/Lavender.htm
    And for the soap
    http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/1369
    January '06 Grocery Challenge (4th - 31st) £320.
    Week 1 - £73.99 Week 2 £5.10 (so far :p )
    Someone burst my bubble and I lost the plot so no idea what I spent now... :(I will try to work it out.
    Other Jan :- Petrol £20.41, Clothes £8.50, House £3.
  • MrsTinks
    Options
    Got me thinking... we have loads of lavender here at work in the flower beds... wonder if they'd notice if I went and started trimming a bit here and a bit there ;)
    DFW Nerd #025

• MrsTinks
    Options
    If you hang the bunches upside down in a paper bag that will help and also stop the flowers fading from sunlight exposure and the essential oils will not evaporate as much :)
    DFW Nerd #025

• black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I went to Norfolk Lavender farm a couple of years ago and everything there was made of lavender (as you would expect it to be). They were even selling lavender scones in the cafe. I bought one by mistake thinking it was a normal scone. It tasted OK.

You could get some inspiration from here:

http://www.norfolk-lavender.co.uk/Content/default.asp
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • pickledtink
    pickledtink Posts: 593 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lavender ice cream.
    Living on Earth can be expensive, but it does include an annual free trip around the Sun.
  • flufff
    flufff Posts: 899 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    It discoloured my soap when I tried so I just use essential oil now
  • Oscar
    Oscar Posts: 922 Forumite
    Options
    I wish I had that lavender in my garden. If it were me I would make lavender bags and sell them on ebay. They are always popular.

I must check ebay out for the Lavender...I never thought I could sell that.....It will help when I work out how to sell on ebay in the first place...lol
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family