Jet2 Website bases prices on number of passengers?

Options
Just checking flights on the Jet2 website and noticed this last year too - If you book a flight for a 1 or 2 people it said the flight was £7.99, If I enter 3 or more people it's £14.99.

Last year I just split the party up and made 2 bookings to get the cheaper price but does anyone know why they do this?

Anyway it's a good tip to pass on!

Comments

• dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does it do 2 at £7.99 then another one at £7.99 or is the extra one £14.99?

It's easier to explain the latter than the former. There's only 2 tickets left at the lower price, but they have to (well want to anyway) charge the same price for all of them so it has to be the higher price.

The other way round it does seem odd
  • choosewisely
    Options
    If I select 2 people it's £7.99 each, if I select more than 2 it's £14.99each so your idea that they're charging the higher price for them all seems correct.

I just thought it strange that the same thing happened last year on flights on a different route. Could be coincidence that there were only 2 of the cheaper seats left last year and only two left this year - just checked a couple of random destinations and it didn't happen so I think you're right about there being only a certain number of cheaper seats but their system wanting to charge one price for each person and choosing the higher price!

Worth playing with splitting your party up still then - could make some savings but not as much as first thought (i.e. if I spilt a party of 5 into 3 parties (2 + 2 +1) I wouldn't get 5 x 7.99 but would get 2 x 7.99 and 3 x 14.99 rather than 5 x 14.99)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure