🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

intergas combi boiler £3800

Options
2»

Comments

• heating-eng
    Options
    The inside of the intergas boilers look very cheap. I haven't fitted one so cannot comment more.
    I think vaillant Worcester and baxi are the best makes if fitted correctly.
    X British Gas engineer and X BG sales adviser.
    Please don,t let this put you off.
  • heating-eng
    Options
    pelipost wrote: »
    I have been quoted £3800 plus VAT to take out 30 year old boiler and water tank and replace with this new intergas (28/24) one. I have a one bedroom flat with 6 radiators (all already thermostat controlled). the plumber reckons that power flushing is not needed. I know nothing of this make of boiler - I have another quote with a vallant should I go with that. the plumber made big claims for reliability for the intergas boiler but who know? maybe someone on this board can advise? thanks
    £3800 plus vat sounds a very high price to me. I normally fit full systems for around £3000 with good boiler. But as somebody has said ,it really depends on what work is needed.
    Powerflushing is a must on a 30 year old system.
  • gas4you
    gas4you Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    At nearly 2 years ago, I think they have probably had it done by now!
  • heating-eng
    Options
    gas4you wrote: »
    Lol ,I just responded to the post from today but I guess you are right.
  • SShar
    SShar Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    pelipost wrote: »
    I have been quoted £3800 plus VAT to take out 30 year old boiler and water tank and replace with this new intergas (28/24) one. I have a one bedroom flat with 6 radiators (all already thermostat controlled). the plumber reckons that power flushing is not needed. I know nothing of this make of boiler - I have another quote with a vallant should I go with that. the plumber made big claims for reliability for the intergas boiler but who know? maybe someone on this board can advise? thanks

I have a Vailliant and it's been brilliant for me but I'd suggest you get a few more quotes from installers and then compare what they're offering.
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    Options
    SShar wrote: »
    I have a Vailliant and it's been brilliant for me but I'd suggest you get a few more quotes from installers and then compare what they're offering.

I cannot do better than draw your attention to Post No 14 viz:
    gas4you wrote: »

Rinse and repeat. :D

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    more spam than john cleese and his mates.
    Get some gorm.
  • Agile
    Agile Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 10 January 2012 at 2:43AM
    Options
    I tried to order one today from the Intergas appointed chain of Plumbing Merchants.

It was a common model the HRE 18 SB and there were none in stock in the London area at all. If I wanted one ordered then it would be an extra £55 carriage!

Five weeks ago I needed one and had to drive south of London to Haslemere to find one in stock.

Its a pity that they cannot improve the stock position at their merchants!

Tony Glazier
  • thetrumpetofbelieve
    Options
    I can't say I have ever heard of intergas boilers? But, this whole no diverter valve, no plate to plate heat exchanger thing isn't that amazing, some ferroli boilers don't have them either, and they are cheap and crap boilers...
  • mozzman_2
    Options
    M.A.S.H wrote: »
    just to add it is an extremely impressive boiler... so much so that i got one for my own house.

also must say argi member get around :grin:

Mehran(Andy)

Any news on how the boiler is performing please are you happy with it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business