Wonga Please help???

Options
123457»

Comments

• red75_2
    Options
    Hello,

I received a welcome letter from Wonga.com today thanking me for using them. No phone number on the letter. I haven't used them nor do i have any intention of doing so. I posted this on facebook and someone posted a phone number for them although it's not any listed on here. I spoke to someone who veryfied my name and address have been used but the email address and phone number are different. I have provided him with the correct phone number and email address as he said it's being reported as fraud. Now i am waiting for them to call me back.

My after thought is if this is a scam i've just given them the details they said were incorrect how do i know they won't just change the details to claim i have taken the loan?
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    You rang a random number some stranger gave you on Facebook, then proceeded to give out all your personal details??

You do realise Facebook is a make believe World don't you??

Baffles me why so many people run their very existence around some silly website.

If you feel like closing the Facebook Window (Yes, close it down so you can't see it), you could spend a little while looking at your credit files to see if anything has appeared.

Google (google, not ask someone on Facebook) for Equifax, Experian or Call Credit.

I'm not a fan of facebook by that way..
  • RichGold
    RichGold Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Apples2 wrote: »
    ook is a make believe World don't you??
    Baffles me why so many people run their very existence around some silly website.
    I'm not a fan of facebook by that way..
    I'm right with you on that. I've never understood the appeal of having virtual friends. I'm quite happy in the fact that I've always found more interesting things to do with my time.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • clive4850
    Options
    I bought a hotel break with credit card at a flower show, after looking at the hotel website and reading the terrible reviews from guests am i allowed to cancel ? I have not yet received confirmation from the hotel
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    red75 wrote: »
    Hello,

I received a welcome letter from Wonga.com today thanking me for using them. No phone number on the letter. I haven't used them nor do i have any intention of doing so. I posted this on facebook and someone posted a phone number for them although it's not any listed on here. I spoke to someone who veryfied my name and address have been used but the email address and phone number are different. I have provided him with the correct phone number and email address as he said it's being reported as fraud. Now i am waiting for them to call me back.

My after thought is if this is a scam i've just given them the details they said were incorrect how do i know they won't just change the details to claim i have taken the loan?

omg you gave your details to some person on other end of the phone where you got the number form facebook, why on earth did you not google for a number. I hope for your sake nothing untoward happens.
  • muckybutt
    muckybutt Posts: 3,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    clive4850 wrote: »
    I bought a hotel break with credit card at a flower show, after looking at the hotel website and reading the terrible reviews from guests am i allowed to cancel ? I have not yet received confirmation from the hotel

Try posting in a different area and you might get some proper replies.
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport