Appeals process after complaint

Options

Comments

• CSA_Help
    CSA_Help Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    Options
    Blob wrote: »
    If it is wrong in Law and you can prove it as well as a material fact that has not been admitted then you have 2 options in the first you appeal to the Commissioners as was now the Higher Tribunal. The second is ask for the decision to be 'Set Aside' that is down to the Appeal Judge that heard the case.

Good luck.

He is hoping to get my papers and evidence out to the tribunal at the end of this week .Hopefully the tribunal people look at it and uphold it without going the whole hog .Any timescales for this Blob ?
  • Blob
    Blob Posts: 1,011 Forumite
    Options
    The best I can offer is no, mine have taken months on occasions, though mostly it has been worth the wait as they have by and large found in my favour!
  • CSA_Help
    Options
    Blob wrote: »
    The best I can offer is no, mine have taken months on occasions, though mostly it has been worth the wait as they have by and large found in my favour!

Clear cut this one though

Based on the countries population and the amount of appeals i probably have a quicker time to wait north of the border :)
  • MIKEtheBIKE_2
    Options
    I'm dealing with my second appeal at the moment. The first was succesful and the lady at appeals has been really helpful.

I'm trying to get an assessment from 2000 changed.
  • Blob
    Blob Posts: 1,011 Forumite
    Options
    I have to say that the people at the Appeal Service are far more clued up and know what they are on about than the CSA people. They will only tell you the facts and will not make it up, if they don't know they will tell you, unlike the CSA!!!
  • CSA_Help
    Options
    I'm dealing with my second appeal at the moment. The first was succesful and the lady at appeals has been really helpful.

I'm trying to get an assessment from 2000 changed.

Mines is from 2004 that they backdated to 2002 Ouch :)

Ive already had 1/2 wiped at complaints
  • bdt1
    bdt1 Posts: 891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree with Blob Appeals Service staff seem to be the only sensible Umpa Lumpa's I've ever spoken to!! Sorry.

Anyway, we have a blatently totally incorrect assessment at moment, decision was made Dec 07, then backdated to 2006 and 2004 decisions, then as result of this the CSA state there are 34k arrears, which they got LO, CCJ and charge on house for.

CSA Appeals state 'decision is wrong in law' and agree with me the assessment is totally incorrect, but cos I'm self-employed, and PWC keeps banging on that I'm fiddling my books, it is going to Tribunal as she has told CSA Appeals no matter what they say, she will appeal against their decision, so end up at Tribunal anyway!! (She has previoulsy lost a Triunal hhearing in 05 on basis of lifestyle inconsistent with declareed income).

But, it has taken us 2 years to get to stage of awaiting Tribunal date, so dependent on how Hell bent your ex is to ruin you, it could take some time!!!!!!!!!!
  • CSA_Help
    Options
    bdt1 wrote: »
    I agree with Blob Appeals Service staff seem to be the only sensible Umpa Lumpa's I've ever spoken to!! Sorry.

Anyway, we have a blatently totally incorrect assessment at moment, decision was made Dec 07, then backdated to 2006 and 2004 decisions, then as result of this the CSA state there are 34k arrears, which they got LO, CCJ and charge on house for.

CSA Appeals state 'decision is wrong in law' and agree with me the assessment is totally incorrect, but cos I'm self-employed, and PWC keeps banging on that I'm fiddling my books, it is going to Tribunal as she has told CSA Appeals no matter what they say, she will appeal against their decision, so end up at Tribunal anyway!! (She has previoulsy lost a Triunal hhearing in 05 on basis of lifestyle inconsistent with declareed income).

But, it has taken us 2 years to get to stage of awaiting Tribunal date, so dependent on how Hell bent your ex is to ruin you, it could take some time!!!!!!!!!!

Superb the gloves are off now

She instigated the mess my account is in .I just hope her money is dropped after the appeal as she would have been overpaid anyway .

Once the appeal is out the way i can move onto other things that the agency has done on my account
  • CSA_Help
    Options
    Seemingly my papers have been prepared and is off out to all parties by pigeon post by the looks of it .I have submitted all the evidence to them and all this has been passed to the tribunal people . Will it take long for the tribunal people to come back to me as it is out of the central appeals units hands now .

Thanks
  • CSA_Help
    Options
    Got the papers from appeals and asked for confidientiality .What do the appeals people do leave my password un edited .I have already have had issues with someone posing as me on the phone to the CSA hence the password .1/2 my evidence was miising also makes you wonder

Called the tribunal people eta 16 -17 weeks suberb for a clear cut case
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport