PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

recipe to use a can of campbells chicken soup

Options
Does anyone have a nice recipe that I could use a can of campbells chicken soup with? Found it languishing at the back of the cupboard!

Comments

• Swan_2
    Swan_2 Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    Options
    there are recipes for Hash Brown Casserole (which uses chicken or mushroom Campbell's) in this thread HERE

it's delicious, much nicer than it sounds :)
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I use them with some mushrooms, some chicken leftovers from roasts and some sweet corn, leave to simmer for a bit and then serve over rice :)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • starlite_2
    starlite_2 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    Options
    I sometimes use it mixed with chicken stock to make super creamy rissotto..best as a side dish as it's very rich!
    Membre Of Teh Misspleing Culb
  • lswwong
    lswwong Posts: 407 Forumite
    Options
    I used it as a pasta sauce ...... added green peas and chopped ham.

Not very original, I know. Was a student then ....
  • aimeelister
    aimeelister Posts: 600 Forumite
    Options
    My mum used to bung chicken pieces in a dish, cover with the soup, rinse out the tin into the dish well and mix a bit then bung in the oven to cook. It was lovely.
  • bigspender2
    Options
    i put some chicken pieces in a dish add some frozen veg put some frozen pastry over top and make a pie.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have a look at the Campbell Soup website. There are lots of lovely recipes that should help. If you are stuck for ideas, under 'Campbells kitchen' there is a a great recipe wizard with loads of recipe ideas.

Pink
  • weegie_2
    weegie_2 Posts: 312 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks very much everyone - especially pink winged for the campbell soup website!
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Haven't bought these soups for years,but I could do with a few shortcuts at the moment.

Can anyone tell me if they contain MSG,maltodextrin,modified starch or other stuff like that,or are they just ordinary ingredients ? The Campbells' website isn't very helpful on ingredients.

I used to do a fab recipe from Grub on a Grant by Cas Clarke called Varsity Pie.It was a tin of condensed soup-tomato/mushroom/chicken, a tin of sweetcorn and a tin of tuna all mixed up.I think it then had triangles of toast placed on top and then cheese.You then put it in the oven until heated right through and bubbling.
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We make up an easy tuna pasta bake using:-

1 tin tuna chunks (drained)
    1 tin campbells condensed soup (cream of mushroom or cream of chicken)
    Pasta shapes or spaghetti
    Grated cheese

Cook the pasta and drain, put pasta into a large oven proof casserole dish. Mix in condensed soup and tuna. Top with grated cheese and pop into the oven at 180C and heat through until cheese is golden. We serve this with lots of salad.
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport