When to inform

Options
I've been doing good for good few months. No A&E admissions nor admissions into Psychiatric wards or arrested for own or public safety.

Therefore I was thinking last night if I need to inform DLA I'm improving. I really don't know what a change in circumstances means in this sense.

Still have voices, yes. Always will. But I seem to be alot more ''chilled'' as somebody told me.

Voices have not given any reason to be over concerned. Just deal with them in the bath at night. Rest of the day/night is mine.

Not sure to phone DLA office or not. suggestions?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    How long is 'a good few months'. 3, 6 12?
  • Bryando
    Bryando Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    Say roughly 3/4 months since I was taken to A&E by police.
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What does your consultant and/or cpn say?

Please don't take offence, but you may not be the best person to assess whether your mental health has improved sufficiently for you to lower the level of care you need.

I am pleased to hear you are in a good phase, though.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Bryando
    Options
    They don't know I'm on DLA. DLA office never speaks to them. Told me they don't need to.

My risk assessment must be bad. As CPN does not see me alone, nor will they come out here without Police. Inc on call G.P

Doing good in my studies.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'd agree with Daisy and 3/4 months with mental illness is not a long time at all. You really need to speak to your GP, CPN or other support networks about this before phoning the DLA. Mental health is full of ups and downs as you know. Some ups last longer than others but then the downs really hit hard which is why it's not a good idea to think your all better before your doctor actually says you are.
  • Bryando
    Options
    My G.P. just says as I get older it will be better. End of. My shrink. Well he is new. Seem him what 4/5 months!. Twice a year. CPN/once per month!

Shrink not sayed much. Next meet is to speak re the voices.

I'll still go for early hour morning walks up our main street home, why I don't know. But just walking and no people about is great. Meant to keep a low profile and fly below Police radar. So maybe I aint doing that, but think I should be able to go out when I want.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You can go out when and where you want. What makes you think that you can not?
  • Bryando
    Options
    As I've to keep low profile. Walking about early hours of the morning is not what people do I'm told.
    Other times I can't go out, but we not go into that
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't inform the DLA people at this point. What happens if the day after you feel a bit worse? Then you can't take it back. It sounds like you've been okay in terms of hospitalisation, but that the illness hasn't gone. So I would still think you are entitled to DLA.
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Bryando, thinking about information from your other posts your condition is still quite variable, and whilst it is clear you are taking very positive steps forward, I would leave things as they are at the moment.
    Gone ... or have I?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport