🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

would she/they be entitled?

Options
2»

Comments

• daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    councils are not supposed to refuse a blue badge just because the applicant doesn't get HRM
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • bored_at_home
    Options
    councils are all independant, so if they are having a crackdown somewhere it doesnt mean its everywhere.

if you get dla hrm you auromatically qualify for a blue badge. if you dont get hrm you can still apply and they will send a form to your gp to enquire on your mobility.

i recently applied for a blue badge and got it, while being on lrm and middle rate care. since getting the badge my dla has been increased to max benefits but i couldnt wait for as long as the dwp take to assess an upgrade of dla before ghetting the badge.
  • emmasmum01
    Options
    well from looking at the direct.gov website it's quite clear they can't get Dla but can get AA. i sent email to local council and they said from what i've told them they should be able to get a blue badge now i just have to pursuade them to apply for attendance allowance.
    I'll keep you posted
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family