We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

travelodge dispute

hello, i could do with some advice please.

i booked 3 rooms online on the 23rd dec but when booking never changed the date fields to the 27th dec aaaaa9 the date i wanted to book for) and went ahead and confirmed the booking and paid. i recieved an email immediatley from travelodge with a confirmation when upon opening it, i noticed i had booked for that night 23rd dec.

i rang travelodge to explain what i had done and to cancel the rooms and re book for the dates required, however the lady on the phone said that because it was after 12noon on the day of the actual booking/arrival ( i booked the rooms at 7pm and rang to cancel at 715pm) that due to there cancelation policy she couldnt automatically refund my £140
and i would have to email their customer service dept for the refund, which she assured me i would get as she could see the mistake i had made. so i re booked the rooms and paid another £150.

i email their customer service dept as they dont have a phone number and this is the only way you can deal with them only to get an email 10 days later saying.

Dear Dave

Thank you for contacting us.

I am sorry to learn that the wrong date was entered whilst making a reservation via our website.

The Internet booking service is totally reliant on the data input by the user. Before you accept our terms and conditions and confirm the final stage of the reservation, full details, i.e. date of arrival, room type, location are displayed confirming availability and ask whether you want to accept the reservation.

As the reservation made is subject to our flexible terms and conditions, being non-amendable and non-refundable after 12 noon on the date of arrival, we are unable to meet with your request on this occasion.

I know that you will be disappointed by this decision, but hope you understand that you have accepted the terms and conditions of the booking prior to payment being taken.

I am sorry that I have been unable to assist you on this occasion.

Kind regards

Paul Austin
Quality Management Team
Travelodge Hotels Ltd

as you can understand i am absolutly furious and need advice on how to proceed?


i email them back to say that i could understand that if i had booke dthe rooms days prior and than cancelled i couyld understand but i cancelled within minuets of booking so they can see it was a genuen mistake.

surely i must have some rights on this matter.

thanks for reading

Dave
«1

Comments

  • 4743hudsonj
    4743hudsonj Posts: 3,298 Forumite
    Im afraid not. You have no rights, they have outlined their position.

    You agreed to the T&C's of booking, you cannot go back on them. Sorry. No Rights.
    Back by no demand whatsoever.
  • gordikin
    gordikin Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    I can understand you being furious with yourself, but not with Travelodge.
  • Anihilator
    Anihilator Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Sorry I dont understand your furious?

    Unless its at your english teachers for not teaching you to read or your parents for not teaching you common sense.
  • frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 5 January 2010 at 9:44PM
    Whilst it is your mistake, (and why I read and re-read dates on this type of thing) You can try appealing to his better nature.

    Dear Paul
    Whilst I am aware that the mistake was mine for not noticing that I had not altered the date on the booking form, I am asking that you reconsider your decision not to refund me. I booked the rooms at 7pm on the 23rd Dec and on realising my mistake within a very short time frame, called the XXX travelodge to cancel the booking. These rooms would therefore have been 'unavailable' to your other customers for no more than 15 minutes. It is unlikely that your company would have lost any revenue from being unavailable for such a short space of time. I did re-book and pay for the rooms that I required on the 27th Dec. Therefore your company did make a sale of three rooms for that date. As you are known to be a 'value for money' hotel, you can understand that £140 is a lot for one of your customers to lose.
    Thank you for your time dealing with this issue.
    Regards
    Dave
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • gordikin
    gordikin Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    frannyann wrote: »
    Whilst it is your mistake, (and why I read and re-read dates on this type of thing) You can try appealing to his better nature.

    Dear Paul
    Whilst I am aware that the mistake was mine for not noticing that I had not altered the date on the booking form, I am asking that you reconsider your decision not to refund me. I booked the rooms at 7pm on the 23rd Dec and on realising my mistake within a very short time frame, called the XXX travelodge to cancel the booking. These rooms would therefore have been 'unavailable' to your other customers for no more than 15 minutes. It is unlikely that your company would have lost any venue from being unavailable for such a short space of time. I did re-book and pay for the rooms that I required on the 27th Dec. Therefore your company did make a sale of three rooms for that date. As you are known to be a 'value for money' hotel, you can understand that £150 is a lot for one of your customers to lose.
    Thank you for your time dealing with this issue.
    Regards
    Dave

    revenue and £140
  • 4743hudsonj
    4743hudsonj Posts: 3,298 Forumite
    gordikin wrote: »
    revenue and £140

    2ibhrgh.gif
    Had to be done, sorry.:beer:
    Back by no demand whatsoever.
  • frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    gordikin wrote: »
    revenue and £140
    2ibhrgh.gif
    Had to be done, sorry.:beer:

    Fair cop, will correct! :rotfl:
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • krazykidskate
    krazykidskate Posts: 1,958
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ignore the trolls.

    I can see why you're furious I would be too. Maybe you put the correct dates then browsed and used the back button and it reset the dates or something so maybe it is the design of their website causing the error and then making money out of you not picking up on the mistake.
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
    [/FONT]
  • gordikin
    gordikin Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    2ibhrgh.gif
    Had to be done, sorry.:beer:

    I just was concerned that the OP would cut and paste and send it off like it was originally.
  • frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    gordikin wrote: »
    I just was concerned that the OP would cut and paste and send it off like it was originally.

    I am grateful for you noticing my mistakes, my laptop has a habit of switching itself off, so was rushing to post and didn't read it through properly.
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.