Avoid Toto's Restaurant In Bury Unless You Have Lots Of Spare Time

Options
On Sunday my wife and myself decided to go for something to eat rather than getting a take-away as planned. We were staying over at my mum's in Bury, Lancs so we decided to walk round to the local Italian restaurant called Toto's (Used to be San Rocco).

We've been quite a few times in the past when it was San Rocco and the food has been nothing less than excellent. We got there at just before 5.45pm, got a drink and sat down looking through the menu then ordered our food soon after. At 6.30 we still hadn't been shown to our table so I asked how long it will be and was told 5 minutes which to be fair they stuck to. At 7.40pm we still hadn't got our starters so I asked how long they will be as it was nearly 2 hours since we ordered, we were told they would be about another 20 minutes, it was at this point we told them to forget it and we would just pay for our drinks and go elsewhere.

Now I don't mind waiting for food if the restaurant is busy but there was only another dozen people in the place over 7 tables so it wasn't exactly busy. Since speaking to another few couples who have been there recently they've experience the same sort of waits so my advice is to avoid this place unless you have a lot of time to spare.

On a plus note we ended up at an Indian Restaurant in Affetside/Harwood called The India Gates and the food was the best curry i've ever had, the staff were so friendly and recognised us from being there a couple of times early last year and even got a free bottle of champers on our way out to drink for my birthday yesterday. Massive thumbs up for them and recommended for anyone over that way looking for a excellent meal out.
If At First You Don't Succeed, Call It Version 1.0 :D

Comments

• hawkwinddotcom
    Options
    Great stuff, your post is already on google.

Are we taking bets on when there will be a new poster stating they have nothing but good things to say?

I say 5 hours.
    3.78 kWp PV SolarEdge with iBoost South facing.
    30° pitch roof 4% shading. Installed 6th June 18.
    Gloucester
  • hoyles10
    hoyles10 Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Options
    It might be a bit longer because it appears there's quite a lot of people round there who's internet is down at the moment :D
  • hoyles10
    hoyles10 Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Options
    Actually looking at this site it seems that the reviews seem to be getting worse.

http://www.manchester-eating.com/79.htm
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    hmmm looks like this thread is at the bottoom of the first page of a google search for Toto's Restaurant In Bury

hmmmmmm i wonder if it'll climb up the rankings if more people search for Toto's Restaurant In Bury
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• nikki_angel
    Options
    Sorry, did you say Toto's Restaurant In Bury ???
    :A

• maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, that's right, Toto's Restaurant In Bury
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    thats the one, Toto's Restaurant In Bury
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• before_hollywood
    Options
    thats the one, Toto's Restaurant In Bury

Toto's Restaurant In Bury you say?
    i know the area near Toto's Restaurant In Bury very well as it happens

my ex used to live near Toto's Restaurant In Bury
    things arent the way they were before, you wouldnt even recognise me anymore- not that you knew me back then ;)
    BH is my best mate too, its ok :)

I trust BH even if he's from Manchester.. ;)

all your base are belong to us :eek:
  • nikki_angel
    Options
    ah see.... I thought you said Toto's Restaurant In Bury!

Silly me.
    :A

• FatAndy
    FatAndy Posts: 7,541 Forumite
    Options
    Is this the same Toto's Restaurant, Bury. georgyboy seems to think it's OK providing you get there early -

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/350253-Toto-Ristorante-bury
    The fridge is empty, the walls are damp, there's no hot water
    And I look like a tramp and tramps like us
    Baby we were born to walk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business