We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Should I chance buying new sofa?

2»

Comments

  • scullster
    scullster Posts: 324 Forumite
    I can't fault Argos customer service in my experience - I recently ordered a couple of matresses which they delivered. I didn't remove them from their packaging, I simply stored them in our garage. After about a week, I called them to say that I wasn't happy as I didn't think they would be comfortable having inspected them. No problems, they arranged collection free of charge and refunded me the cost of the mattresses (less the delivery charge).
  • LisaLou1982
    LisaLou1982 Posts: 1,264
    Chutzpah Haggler
    Forumite
    Having got a similar sofa, the height will be the height of the sofa including feet but excluding the height of the cushions which will come seperatly anyway.

    Ive never bought anything from Argos furniture wise, so not sure if they would refund if it didnt fit - however, most furniture stores stipulate that its your responsibility to make sure it fits.

    have you measured the height of your rooms, the height and width of your doorways?
    £2 Savers Club #156! :)
    Looking for holiday ideas for 2016. Currently, Isle of Skye in March, Riga in May, Crete in June and Lake District in October. August cruise cancelled, but Baby due September 2016! :j
  • dolly74_2
    dolly74_2 Posts: 111 Forumite
    I can't do more than what I have done already which is take all the measurements, go on the "Ask The Experts" website and ask the furniture removal expert Harry and email the store direct for more information (which they did not provide). The way I see it, I really have tried my best and if it doesn't fit in, its something i tried to prevent happening to the best of my ability. I know my measurements (of my smallest door frame with and without door on) but if Argos can't be more specific about their end of things when I ask them, what more can I do other than chance it? Their customer service I received when I asked them was extremely poor. Will just have to go with the Argos one and just get the 30 day money back thing if it doesn't fit in.
  • woody01
    woody01 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Why would anyone want to buy a sofa from Argos.
    Their stock is tat.
  • If their customer service seems poor before they've had your money I doubt it would improve afterwards. I wouldn't chance it.
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,187
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    We bought from https://www.sofasofa.co.uk One of the things I liked was if for any reason you are not happy with the sofa's, they will take them back and refund them. It was peace of mind after buying rubbish sofa's from Tesco that had to be returned as the covers shredded after two months of normal use.
    Here I go again on my own....
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.