We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Should I chance buying new sofa?
dolly74_2
Posts: 111 Forumite
I have seen a sofa I want to buy from Argos. I was not sure if it would fit in my little cottage so went on the "All Experts" website, gave the expert (who is very good) the dimensions and asked his opinion. He said although he thought it probably would, to try and find out whether the height given included the cushions or was just the frame and also if the feet are removeable.
So I emailed Argos and asked them this information and also asked if they would refund without fuss if it wouldnt fit it. Both my queries were not answered and they just told me the stuff I already knew what was on their website. They then also said I could "contact the manufacturer" but then failed to say who the manufacturer was!
The item I want will go up in price from Tuesday. Do you think I should take a chance? Has anyone had a similar experience and will Argos refund? I wasn't sure where to post this issue, I know that technically they wouldnt have to refund as the item wouldn't be faulty but I mean under the 30 day money back thing Argos say they offer. Any advice welcome.
So I emailed Argos and asked them this information and also asked if they would refund without fuss if it wouldnt fit it. Both my queries were not answered and they just told me the stuff I already knew what was on their website. They then also said I could "contact the manufacturer" but then failed to say who the manufacturer was!
The item I want will go up in price from Tuesday. Do you think I should take a chance? Has anyone had a similar experience and will Argos refund? I wasn't sure where to post this issue, I know that technically they wouldnt have to refund as the item wouldn't be faulty but I mean under the 30 day money back thing Argos say they offer. Any advice welcome.
0
Comments
-
maybe ask people on here if they have it maybe they could give you better measurements?Everyones opinion is the most important.....no wonder nothing is ever agreed on.0
-
You need to give more details ie argos product code and doorway/access sizes0
-
Argos & Homebase often sell the same items. Is it available for viewing instores?0
-
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6292788/Trail/searchtext%3EDYLAN+RUBY.htm
Above is the link to sofa but I was more asking people would i be able to get my money refunded if it wont fit it my house and if anyone had had a similar experience.0 -
I don't think they will refund for that reason. My friend had a nightmare with Argos sofas - same model broke three times within a year - the engineer said it was a standard fault with the frame - and they still won't refund, just replace.
Personally, I wouldn't chance it.
Hope you find something that fits.0 -
what about the 30 day money back thing though that Argos are supposed to offer?0
-
It's covered under the 30 day guarantee the same as any other item unless it says different like this for example. The little green cross next to the item description denotes whether it is excluded or not and the item you want does not have this. Only thing you'd be stuck with would be delivery charge and possibly cost of getting it returned somewhere. Call Argos and ask them how you return this item...ie as though you already have it.http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6292788/Trail/searchtext%3EDYLAN+RUBY.htm
Above is the link to sofa but I was more asking people would i be able to get my money refunded if it wont fit it my house and if anyone had had a similar experience.0 -
From Argos T&C'swhat about the 30 day money back thing though that Argos are supposed to offer?
5. Returns, Cancellations and Substitutions
5.1 We offer a 30-day money back guarantee, please refer to Returns and refunds. Some products are excluded from the Guarantee and are clearly marked by a † next to the product name. In the unlikely event that you receive faulty or damaged goods, please refer to our Returns and refunds section.
ETA bits in bold relevant to your situation.
If I change my mind...
Within 30 days- Most things we sell are covered by our 30-day money-back guarantee, so just return them to us unused, in their original undamaged packaging, in a saleable condition, with your receipt and we’ll give you a refund.
- If you don't have your receipt, as long as you have a proof of purchase* we'll exchange the item or give you a refund with vouchers.
- If you'd like to return something we've delivered, just call us on 08456 400 800 and we'll collect it for free. Your order number will count as your receipt.
- We're sorry but some items like earrings, foot spas and dental products can't be exchanged or refunded for hygiene and safety reasons, unless they're faulty.
- To protect your personal security, we are also unable to accept returns on some non-faulty imaging and recording products such as MP3 players and digital cameras.
- Please note all video games consoles are excluded from the Argos 30 day money back guarantee. Please ensure you read the specification on the box before installation. We also cannot accept back video gaming software under our 30 day money back guarantee if the plastic wrapping has been unsealed – this does not affect your statutory rights.
- If a product is excluded from our 30-day money-back guarantee, it is clearly marked by a † next to the product name in the catalogue and on this website.
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
0 -
0
-
I have just looked on the sofa warehouse website but there is a bit that says
"Please ensure that you have the space to accommodate an item before ordering, paying particular attention to access e.g. width of doorways"
at the bottom of the page so that kind of brings me back to my original issue! Would be good for anyone without the issue though definitely.
Thanks though! Thanks as well to everyones ideas. Gonna plump with the Argos thing I think. There is supposed to be an extra 15% off at moment as well.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards