We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

some advice

2»

Comments

  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 36,595
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    Hintza wrote: »
    I thought it was a sensible point to suggest, for the future. :confused:

    I think it was a very sensible suggestion, not a useless comment. :confused:
  • jimkenyon
    jimkenyon Posts: 132 Forumite
    Have you contacted the store?

    Problem is that you left the store without checking the receipt. How would the store now know that you didn't buy two sets?

    The duty is with the consumer to check that all is right at the checkout.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 36,595
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    jimkenyon wrote: »
    Have you contacted the store?

    Problem is that you left the store without checking the receipt. How would the store now know that you didn't buy two sets?

    The duty is with the consumer to check that all is right at the checkout.

    I agree with this.
    Sales assistants do sometimes make mistakes.

    I bought a few things in Primark before Christmas and knew how much the bill should be (knocking a bit off for the reduced VAT as Primark stock is priced at 17.5% VAT).
    When the guy told me how much (almost £4.00 more than I'd reckoned), I queried it.
    He'd put through 2 pairs of leggings (same barcode) and I knew I'd only bought one pair.
    We emptied the bag and proved that there was only one pair so we started again - and I ended up paying the correct amount.
    Better in my pocket than Primark.:rolleyes:
  • hundredk
    hundredk Posts: 1,182
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I agree with this.
    Sales assistants do sometimes make mistakes.

    I bought a few things in Primark before Christmas and knew how much the bill should be (knocking a bit off for the reduced VAT as Primark stock is priced at 17.5% VAT).
    When the guy told me how much (almost £4.00 more than I'd reckoned), I queried it.
    He'd put through 2 pairs of leggings (same barcode) and I knew I'd only bought one pair.
    We emptied the bag and proved that there was only one pair so we started again - and I ended up paying the correct amount.
    Better in my pocket than Primark.:rolleyes:
    So are you saying OP should roll over and accept it was her mistake?
  • anmarj
    anmarj Posts: 1,827
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    got the money back, turns out it was the items that were bought seperate the trousers were charged twice. If the amount had been a small amount then I would of picked it up as it would of been obviuous, but as we we were spending a major amount then I am not going to stand and add everything up before going to checkout. Yes mistake do happen, we were chatting with the assistant when putting it all through and if anything as my first posting suggested, I thought it was the 2 piece set that was the issue as that was what I saw her do.

    I am so pleased to pollycat that she knew what she was going to be charged, but not everyone can do that.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 36,595
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    hundredk wrote: »
    So are you saying OP should roll over and accept it was her mistake?

    Oh hello again, hundredk. :rolleyes:

    Please indicate exactly where I said the OP should roll over and accept her mistake.

    I just agreed with the poster above and said I make sure that I never find myself having to post for advice on here by having a pretty accurate idea of how much the final total is.

    In supermarkets where this is impossible, I check my receipt fully to make sure all the offers have been applied correctly BEFORE leaving the store.
    jimkenyon wrote: »
    Have you contacted the store?

    Problem is that you left the store without checking the receipt. How would the store now know that you didn't buy two sets?

    The duty is with the consumer to check that all is right at the checkout.

    So why did you choose MY post to make your point instead of the one above which I just agreed with?

    Oh yes - silly question.

    You're just picking at my posts because you have issues with (alleged) female Argos staff with PMT. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.