We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

some advice

anmarj
anmarj Posts: 1,827
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 2 January 2010 at 6:14PM in Consumer rights
Hi

just come back from M&S in Edinburgh and looking at the recepit, I think they have made a booboo and over charged me.

I bought one PJ set and one PJ top and seperate trousers, my understanding was the PJ set is £15.00 for the top and trousers, I have checked on the web and it is being advertised as such, but they have charged me for the top and trousers of the set ie £15.00 x 2 instead of £15.00, I am going to go in with the advert should this be enough for me to get the £15.00 refunded as well as the recepit or would I be better taking the items in? I am going to have to go to my local store as I am not in Edinburgh:rolleyes:
«1

Comments

  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,920
    10,000 Posts
    Forumite
    Can you provide a link for us to have a look? How were the items set out, were they labelled as £15 for the set?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • anmarj
    anmarj Posts: 1,827
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi here is the item on the web

    http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pure-Cotton-Revere-Spot-Pyjamas/dp/B002X180TW?ie=UTF8&qid=1262454139&categoryNodeID=42967030&ref=sr_1_2&page=&node=43313030&sr=1-2&mnSBrand=core&rh=

    they were together on a hanger together, the other items i got sepearetly were seperate (if you know what I mean) so I knew I would get charged seperately for them, but I understood that the other was a set but checkout lady scanned the label for the top and for trousers. The product details on the web state a 2 part set.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,920
    10,000 Posts
    Forumite
    I would give them a call, they are definitely a set so it looks like they scanned the same code twice. They should be able to sort it over the phone.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Have a look at the label - if the pjs are a set then the label should have something like 2 piece set on it.
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

    2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • stebiz
    stebiz Posts: 6,592
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have a look at the label - if the pjs are a set then the label should have something like 2 piece set on it.

    I never realised that until last week when my wife suggested I checked one of the childrens outfits. Live and learn.
    Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,920
    10,000 Posts
    Forumite
    Have a look at the label - if the pjs are a set then the label should have something like 2 piece set on it.

    Not always - I am wearing M&S pj's (current stock) and they don't say anything on them, and they were definitely part of a set. Having said that, my pants were a set of five, and that is stated on the label!
    Gone ... or have I?
  • anmarj
    anmarj Posts: 1,827
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 3 January 2010 at 9:57AM
    will speak to them thanks, just checked label and it states 2 part set.
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Does nobody tot the stuff up in their head nowadays?
  • anmarj
    anmarj Posts: 1,827
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hintza wrote: »
    Does nobody tot the stuff up in their head nowadays?


    not when bill comes up to £260. we had vouchers to spend from our wedding and knew that the vouchers would cover most as well as the refund I had to get before new year, I had a niggling feeling but was not sure as we had other things on mind at that time and thank you for a useless comment
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    anmarj wrote: »
    ..... and thank you for a useless comment

    I thought it was a sensible point to suggest, for the future. :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.