Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have done my budget and it is not looking good - once DH has given up work we will have a deficit of about £500 pm :eek:

I might have to claim Housing Benefit :mad: as I will be entitled to it but I know that DH and DS don't want me to.

We will see how things pan out - DH might get a job by then :D

In other news the goats are being rehomed :T - as you all know I never wanted them in the first place.
    Well they keep escaping by just walking through the fencing and as we live on a very busy road they will end up causing an argument and we are not insured and obv we could get prosecuted.

I am going to ask my auntie to have them (she breeds them) and if she does not want them they will have to go for meat.

DH is very down about it but at the end of the day it his own fault for rushing into it and even when I said that I didn't agree he went ahead and did it anyway :mad:
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    The best news of the week is that we got nearly all our deposit back bar what was agreed:T:j

The bad news is that it has all been spent:mad:

It was on essentials though - I have purchased 1000 litres of oil which is nearly £700 :eek: and this should be delivered next week - it better hurry as we have no oil but we do have 2 heaters which is keeping the house surprisingly warm.

The rest of the money has gone on a cooker - did my research and roughly knew what I wanted. Went to one shop and they wanted to charge £70 for delivery/install :eek: . Went to a little independent and for the same cost as the other shop we can have a much newer model - no charge for del/instal - will be coming on Saturday - I can't wait to be able to cook a decent roast :rotfl:

DH gets paid tomorrow and that appears to all be earmarked as well - we have to pay for the field rental plus some barstewards stole DH's catalytic converter from his truck :mad::eek::mad::eek:. We will have to go through the insurance as the cost is nearly £600 and our excess is £250.

We also need wardrobes for everyone and then carpets soon - not sure where this money will come from :eek::mad::eek:.

My wages are needed to pay all the bills :(

The only ray of light on the horizon is not a train but a potential new job for DH :rotfl:
    He has been in contact with a company that offer companions to elderly people and they are short of males and given his experience they think he would be ideal - Dh wants 16 - 22hrs per week and they are fine with it.
    Also DH's work colleague who he job shares with appears to be suspended and has told a tenant of their scheme that he is not returning - if this is the case then DH would like the scheme to himself. But have to see if the managers allow it as technically DH's last day is 16th April :cool:

I was slightly stressed on Friday when I got home to find out that DH has lent a tenant £20 and because he owes us for some potatoes we got him earlier this year he has given DH 2 birds:mad::eek:. Not sure what they are but DH says he will sell them - that is all good and well but in the mean time we have these stupid birds to look after :eek:

Normally I would have screamed and cried for hours but these Agnus Castus I am taking make me much more calm and I was just too shocked to say anything and although I was soooo frustrated I could not cry - Thank You Agnus:rotfl:(normal life has resumed)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,387 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounding good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    so glad you've only got the one house on the go now and got most of your deposit back :) I don't know who agnus castus is but he sounds good :rotfl:
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £250.96/300 84%(EF total £1750.96 - 1 month expenses! )~ NSD 3/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £163.36 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    OOh not been on for ages - so much going on :rotfl:

Well DH officially finished work on 16/4 - he has spent a few weeks in the garden sorting out the shed and summer house but now he has a temporary job for 22.5hrs per week doing what he did in the job before last (housing support).

This is great news because he has lots of plans for the garden and thinks I will magic money out of no where!!

We were both paid last month and nearly all the money has gone but at least all the bills are paid.

My son's room is basically finished apart from a swivel chair he needs to go with his desk.

Our room looks like a jumble sale gone wrong :eek: I have bitten the bullet and ordered us some bedroom furniture from Argos. I have been holding off for ages while we waited for some benefit money to come through but they had a really good offer on which ended on Tues so I just ordered them and prayed!!

The praying has paid off as the benefit money went in today :T

The offer at Argos was on furniture, if you spent £100 they gave you £20 off, if you spent £250 they gave you £50 off and if you spent £500 they gave you £100 off.
    My order came to £494.97 :rotfl: so I ordered a storage box for £5 and got everything for £400.03:T:j

Some will be here tomorrow and some next week so looks like our weekends will be spent building furniture.

DS is hoping to go to Space School again this year, I sent the deposit off 4 weeks ago and the rest of the money £410 is due by 17/5. When I booked him on there were only 5 spaces left because it is so popular. Will use benefit money to pay for it.

I am obviously working full time now and don't seem to have the time or energy for anything in the evenings - I am on 2 committees and one of them is picking up a pace as the event is in July :eek:
    However I have been getting up about 5.30am every day - this is naturally so I have been working while everyone is asleep - it is bliss :A

Relative is getting on fine in his sheltered accomodation - I am so glad I made that decision.

DD has a bad knee so we have paid privately for some physio - last year when she damaged her collateral ligaments in her knee while on the trampoline we had her x-rayed and were told that it would get better in time but what has been happening is every so often when she is running her knee gives way and she can't walk on that leg. Turns out that where the ligaments were damaged and she did not use her leg as much her thigh muscle has deteoriated so it can't support the knee hence the falling over. She has exercises to do morning and night and we go back in 4 weeks and he thinks that will be all we need :T

Good news with finances is that DH has just done his DLA renewal and he has got low rate care again until 2015 - it is £21pw but it pays for half of the acupuncture that he has to get him through the week. :T

Must try to post more regularly - need to sort our debt situation out - I want to clear mine asap but DH owes way too much to do that and was thinking about bankruptcy but I'm not sure now.

Once the bedroom is tidier and I can find everything I will be more organised - hmm yeah right:rotfl:
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Keep your chin UP EE. You will get there.
    Hugs from Mooloo land anyway.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,387 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Keep plodding :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Hi EE *waves* good to see you back! I find it really helps to motivate me posting on here, even if all I have to say is utter rubbish ;)

Sorry to hear about DD's leg that sounds painful bless her. Hope the physio helps and she has no more incidents with it!

That offer you got with Arg0s must be a recurring one each year as I had the same offer with the kids bunk beds, that also came in just under so I ordered something little to make it up to get the money off ;) if i remember rightly I got some cashback too for that so was well worth it :p

Space school sounds fun where abouts do they hold that :)
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £250.96/300 84%(EF total £1750.96 - 1 month expenses! )~ NSD 3/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £163.36 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Hi EE *waves* good to see you back! I find it really helps to motivate me posting on here, even if all I have to say is utter rubbish ;)

Sorry to hear about DD's leg that sounds painful bless her. Hope the physio helps and she has no more incidents with it!

That offer you got with Arg0s must be a recurring one each year as I had the same offer with the kids bunk beds, that also came in just under so I ordered something little to make it up to get the money off ;) if i remember rightly I got some cashback too for that so was well worth it :p

Yes they do the offer quite regularly, last month it was the same discount but different code and I got my son's wardrobe and desk. Hoping they do another one soon so I can get my daughter a wardrobe as well :money:
    Space school sounds fun where abouts do they hold that :)

It is held at University of Leicester. There is a normal space school for kids under 16 and a senior one for young adults up to 18years old.

It costs £450 for 5 days and 4 nights but considering this covers accomodation, all food, trips out, activities etc I think it is great value for money.

Plus I am hoping that if DS decides to go to that Uni in a few years it will put us in good stead as he has made an effort to attend things. (Plus I am sure it helped at his college interview - the interviewer was really pleased that we embraced our son's interest in space and paid for him to go)

Do you think your son would be interested?
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Very MSE day yesterday. :money:

I have been looking out for some new underwear for ages and can't find any in the style I like so I wandered in to M & S and found a similar style in the reduced section so got 6 pairs which should have come to £11 (Bargain:rotfl:)

I had a gift card in my purse which has been there for ages and I thought it only had about 50p on so I said to the lady about checking the card and using it up - turns out it had £10 on :T so my underwear only cost £1.

Thinking back I think I got the gift card as part of my Daily Mail rewards scheme and was going to use it for school uniform but forgot.

Good job I did not throw it away thinking it did not have much money on :eek:

Not much else to report apart from the email from Argos confirming my orders did not arrive but the money was taken so rung them and they confirmed their is an error and the website is not sending confirmation emails but I have the chest of drawers, bedside cabinets and a storage box coming today and the 2 wardrobes next Friday (they are classed as 2 man lift) so the next 2 weekends will be taken up with building furniture - what an exciting life I lead.

TBH it works well, I read the instructions and tell DH what to do and he does all the manual work. The more furniture we make the faster we get :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure