Merlin annual pass half price, £75

Options

Comments

• bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    smoyea wrote: »
    I am planning to get two adults voucher with clubcard points, two of my children 11yrs and 5yrs with the 50% offer but am debating about my youngest whom has just turned 3yrs just to pay for lego land and sealife centres or to pay for a pass.
    Wouldn't it be nice if Tesco dropped the Clubcard price for the 10 days too?! :A
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Agutka wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Chessington and Thorpe charge for toddlers - everyone else seems to let little ones in for free...

It's already been answered by others - how old is your little one?

I remember paying for my boy to enter thorpe park the first time went, because he was a metre tall. He had barely turned 2 (but is tall), I hadn't expected to pay for him so I hadn't got him a tesco ticket - doh!
    Hi! Does anyone know if you can use these at all times of the year- e.g Halloween? Love Halloween at Alton towers :)

Yes, you can use them at alton for hallowe'en, or could in 2009 at least. Things might change but I don't think they're too busy. Thorpe park made everyone prebook hallowe'en tickets in 2009, with passholders paying £2 if they booked early, or £5 otherwise. They are very full at hallowe'en though, which is why they need to limit who comes in. Hopefully alton won't do the same, but if they do you'll be emailed with updates.
    52% tight
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    trynsave wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed to see that whereas the price for an individual has been dropped (which is fab), a disabled pass hasn't. Yes I know it includes carer entry, but not exactly 'complimentary' if the pass is £45 dearer than an individuals' one!

Yes. I noticed that too! :mad:

My stepsister gets a disabled pass, and was told recently that rules are going to tighten up at all merlin parks, but staff didn't have exact details. Best to be prepared with DLA details, a letter from a doctor etc. just in case (we were told, at hallowe'en at alton, legoland and chessington - all the parks were warning people who went to get the exit passes).
    52% tight
  • elektra-2007
    Options
    How do the passes work, do you have to take a photo with you or do they take a pic when you go?
    Does anyone know when the gift vouchers run out?
    I noticed it says the sea life centres, so does that mean the one in Blackpool and cheshire oaks?
    One last qustion, my lad is under 12 so is it worth buying him one or just paying for him at each attraction?
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Although the Tesco offer at £37:50 is great value, it could be argued that your hard earned Tesco vouchers could be used for something else, with a true value of £150 and the £75 offer is better value.

Last year I bought tickets on-line in April, there was an offer on, I visited my 1st park in June and the passes ran from June-June, i.e. when 1st used rather than purchased. Some people prefer to use them halfway through the school holidays and then get to use them in the early part of the following summer hols, not a bad idea either.
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    How do the passes work, do you have to take a photo with you or do they take a pic when you go?
    I noticed it says the sea life centres, so does that mean the one in Blackpool and cheshire oaks?
    One last qustion, my lad is under 12 so is it worth buying him one or just paying for him at each attraction?

the venue you collect your pass at, has a camera and they take your photo there (so make sure you look good, when you arrive lol)

sealife centers cannot issue photocards (so you have to visit another attraction at some point), and the online offer is not available if you want to collect from a sealife centre

the gift vouchers are priced at £120 a person, so not such a good deal, as buying the £75 pass online

where you visit and how often would be the decider on whether you make a saving. two days at a theme park, and youve already covered the cost of your entry, using the pass

F
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

On the first visit you go to the annual pass kiosk, and they take a photo and print it on the card.
    It probably is worth getting your son a ticket as child day tickets are £28 on the gate at Alton Towers, £23 and £22 at Chessington and Thorpe park. You wouldn't be able to use any free kids tickets as they usually only apply if you buy a full priced ticket at the same time.
  • gghh
    gghh Posts: 347 Forumite
    Options
    flea72 wrote: »
    the gift vouchers are priced at £120 a person, so not such a good deal, as buying the £75 pass online

F

The gift vouchers are £75 per person here
    https://secure.madametussauds.com/we...tId=4211000028
  • trynsave
    trynsave Posts: 812 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jellyhead wrote: »
    Yes. I noticed that too! :mad:

My stepsister gets a disabled pass, and was told recently that rules are going to tighten up at all merlin parks, but staff didn't have exact details. Best to be prepared with DLA details, a letter from a doctor etc. just in case (we were told, at hallowe'en at alton, legoland and chessington - all the parks were warning people who went to get the exit passes).

I've never actually bought a Merlin pass before so how does the 'disabled' one work? I want it for my daughter, with me as her carer.

Do I get an annual pass too that specifies it is a complimentary 'carer' one, does my picture get added to her card or do I just get let in / out where she goes?
  • Destroyer
    Destroyer Posts: 432 Forumite
    Options
    gghh wrote: »
    The gift vouchers are £75 per person here
    https://secure.madametussauds.com/we...tId=4211000028

Use this link in case there is a glitch ???
    I usually like to drink my whisky neat :cool2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport