PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Any everhot owners out there

Options

Comments

• fuglyjowls
    Options
    The lids go straight up at right angles to the cooker so unless you have a gap behind the cooker then you would be banging the lid into the utensils every time you opened it. :(
    Nice to save.
  • artichoke
    artichoke Posts: 1,724 Forumite
    Options
    hi

i have answered on the other forum but when my lids is up there is about an inch gap between the lid and the wall ....

my everhot is in chimney breast but did not go all the way back to the wall due to uneven stone walls...

so it depends how far back you will have your everhot towards the wall....

with my one inch gap i could only put a knife rack up not a utensils rack for sticky out things like ladles....

but in a chimney breast you could have a utensils rack on the side wall over the resting plate??? i keep thinking about it but am scared my nice new tiling will be ruined if DH tries to drill into them...

art
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks guys, the side wall isnt big enough for the one I allready have, but it isnt going straight back there is a oak bit at the back so there should be enother inch or so, hopefully enough room, and the utensils can slide to one side otherwise, annoying but I think it will work.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Herman your everhot must have arrived by now, how are you getting on? How was the delivery? Come on tell all........
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bump for Herman......come on man share the news!
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • hermanmunster_3
    Options
    oops sorry - I've been too engrossed ! Everhot is fab... having a great time making bread etc - meat cooks wonderfully and have even returned to have a splendid whistling kettlle!!

Amazing how much you can cook at one time!!
  • appletreecottage
    Options
    My wife and I are really keen to get an Everhot 100 once we finish renovating our house. We don't need to be sold on how economical they are in comparrison to other range cookers and that we can also use them to offset the cost of heating the kitchen etc.

However, I am trying to work out if it is worth getting an induction hob and hope someone can tell me my sums don't add up as I believe it will take 22 years before the savings made from the induction plate begin to offset the cost.

Going off Everhots own figures I understand that it costs about £500 per year to run the:

Hotplate = maximum 400C
    Simmer plate = max 400C
    Top oven = 250C
    Bottom oven = 200C
    Plate warm oven = 50C

My assumption is that the additional induction hob would give out a maximum of 400C in addition to the other plates/ovens and therefore cost an additional £154 per/yr (400C of 1300C (hotplate+simmer plate+top oven+etc) = £154 of £500).

Everhot claim the induction hob would put 90p of every pound spent into boiling water compared to about 60p of other plates, therefore saving 30% on heating.

Therefore 30% of £154 is £46, which means it would take nearly 22 years to before the £1000 induction plate started being cost effective.

I know the ovens would last a lifetime but would the induction hob?

Any thoughts?

Got an Everhot 90 and find you rarely use it on their recommended running temperatures. It costs us about £7.50 a week to run - we keep the hotplate on about 250 all the time to boil the kettle and then switch down the ovens and simmer plate to 50 when it's in Economy mode, which is for about 100 hours per week. The rest of the time, simmer plate on at 100, simmer oven - 100, main oven 190/200. If I were you I wouldn't pay the extra £1k for the induction hob, as you can easily get 4 pans on the EVH hobs. If you feel you need that extra hob, it's best just to buy a £200/£300 induction hob and site it elsewhere in the kitchen. It's also useful having the 'landing area' on the RHS, which you don't get if you have the induction hob. Having said that, the twin lids make the 100 look balanced and like a traditional range, but you can have the lid without the induction hob and just keep that lid up when cooking as an extra splashback.
  • castanley
    Options
    We have had an Everhot 90 Plus for six months. Here are our running costs. The running costs will be dependant on how much you use the cooker, especially how often you have the top lids up.
    We run ours on the following settings:

Top plate 290
    Simmer plate Off
    Top oven 200
    Bottom oven 100
    We use the default ECO settings.

We are on an economy 7 electric tariff:
    Daily rate = 11.59p per unit
    Night rate = 6.23p per unit

On average it costs us £1.15 per day to run the cooker.
  • hayonwye
    Options
    Hello,

I have read these old posts with great interest, thank you everyone for their input.. We have inherited a 120 Everhot when we bought our place in December 2011 and googled them when we moved in and found they appear okay.. However we have oil heating and our first electricity bill for just one quarter was £2200 in April 2012!!! Our electricity supplier has checked the meter with Ofgem, the ombudsman, and found our meter to be working correctly.. So all eyes are pointing at the everhots using considerably more energy than the manufacterers brochures state. We phoned Everhot and they swore that they can't use more than the listed brochure amount.. We've turned one half of the system off, and lo and behold, our electricity use has halved.. We are now considering selling the everhot and getting a normal modern range cooker.. No, not as pretty as everhot, but at that apparant usage cost - who can blame us!!! Can anyone who has a 120 shed some light on their actual current bill cost? We appreciate any feedback whatsover!
  • owned_by_2_Siamese
    Options
    hayonwye -
    You've posted this I think on an Everhot forum elsewhere - and everhot responded that it was not actually possible for the Everhot to consume that much electricity - The upshot was that the comments you have made were not actually the case in that it was nothing to do with the Everhot??
    Would be good if you could update your post as comments like this could seem unfair if it was nothing to do with the Everhot (bearing in mind it's maximum consumption is 3kwh)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback