fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Yes, feedback is (I think) 40 days.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • kirstiex
    kirstiex Posts: 175 Forumite
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    £105 for an MJ souvenir ticket?!? Are you nuts?!?! :eek:

I would contact her in writing to ask for a refund otherwise you will pursue your money via small claims - quote that fact that she has breached the sale of goods act for not supplying goods you have paid for!
  • speedy2056
    speedy2056 Posts: 83 Forumite
    edited 2 January 2010 at 4:47AM
    Thanks for the replies. I've done what people have suggested and will be looking to pursue this through small claims court although I'm doubting whether it's worth it considering the fees I'll have to pay for it.

Pinkshoes, thinking about it, in hindsight, yes I was nuts to bid up to that much but a lot of us put bids in we regret in the heat of the moment especially where ebay is concerned. lol.

Oh, btw, I called my bank and because a third party is involved (ticketmaster) the bank's policy is they can't refund.
  • blue_haddock
    blue_haddock Posts: 12,110 Forumite
    If you take it through the small claims court she will have to pay the fees not you. Just make sure you keep all correspodance as evidence.
  • GrammarGirl
    GrammarGirl Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    I don't really understand... have you just changed your mind and decided you no longer want the ticket? From what I can gather the seller is doing all she can to reassure you the ticket will arrive... if she hasn't received it from Ticketmaster she can't do much more than that.

The seller hasn't done anything wrong - why would you drag her through the small claims court? Am I getting this right? Apologies if there's something more to this story.
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    These tickets were sent out months ago - a friend of mine showed me hers in October!!
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

DD (born January 2012)
  • Paypal won't be any help as they were purchased in July :( Best of luck though!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Paypal won't be any help as they were purchased in July :( Best of luck though!

OP knows that , that is why the small claims has been suggested.

Although I agree with some of the other posts that if seller can still provide the ticket (and one post says some were sent out before Christmas) then the OP cannot make a claim for anything.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I don't really understand... have you just changed your mind and decided you no longer want the ticket? From what I can gather the seller is doing all she can to reassure you the ticket will arrive... if she hasn't received it from Ticketmaster she can't do much more than that.

The seller hasn't done anything wrong - why would you drag her through the small claims court? Am I getting this right? Apologies if there's something more to this story.

I haven't changed my mind but considering I paid for it in July, this situation is just dragging on. It's been 6 months and I have nothing to show for it.

I have emailed the seller and said she has until the end of Jan for any development to take place (she said the gig date was 10th feb) and I read on some website they were sending them out in order of the event date.

She isn't willing to give me a refund, even though I said I'd pay her back when she has the ticket in hand and she won't give me a ref number so I can check out this situation for myself.

I understand her point about giving out the ref number because I "could change her address" although there wouldn't be any difference considering the ticket would be sent out to me anyway.

I have also told her that I realise that ticket despatch is not in her control but I don't think it's the point. I've given her £105 back in July and I have nothing to show for it.

If it was me, I'd give back the money to the buyer long ago for keeping them waiting for so long.

What makes me laugh is that she said in an email a few months ago that she wishes they would hurry up because she feels bad for keeping me waiting this long.

She can't be feeling that bad if she isn't willing to refund me temporarily. :rolleyes:
  • stone7
    stone7 Posts: 2,464 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If the seller is still awaitng delivery of the tickets, what is the problem? You get them when they get them.

You bought the tickets soon after MJ's demise..... an hysterical impulse buy. If you were refunded now, common sense would dictate that you wouldn't be so stupid a second time and re-buy them. The seller probably realises this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure