Need people's advice regarding MJ souvenir ticket

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
22 replies 2.3K views
speedy2056speedy2056 Forumite
83 Posts
I bought a MJ This Is It souvenir ticket back in July via Paypal. The final bid came to £101 but total was £105.07 with postage.

The seller didn't have the ticket in her possession at the time but did say she would send it as soon as she received it.

She had been keeping me updated with forward ticketmaster emails in the mean time and the last of these emails was in November.

Last week I took some advice to get a refund as we are now approaching January and I asked for this last week and *not* to my surprise, she hasn't responded. She did respond to a previous email the same day I asked for the refund about what was going on with the ticket.

So I have called and emailed both ebay and paypal and they don't want to know. I had hoped they would make a special allowance in this situation but to no avail, only advising that I try to work it out with the seller.

The thing is, because she hasn't responded to my email about a refund, I'm now not sure whether she's even going to bother sending the ticket at all. I said to her she should refund me and I'll repay the money back once she has the ticket in hand.

What do people advise me to do in this situation? Someone said I can call my bank because I funded the purchase via my Visa debit card and the bank may refund me but I'm not so sure on this.

Will I have to go through the small claims court?

Btw, I don't have an address or phone number for the seller apart from the county she lives in and her full name.

I think I can request her details from Ebay if I have to?

Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• It is worth trying the card issuer, although some will not accept claims where a third paty (i.e.Paypal) have been involved.

Unless you have the valid address for the person it will be difficult to file a claim in the small claims court. Ebay contact details are not complete, you could try searching the electoral roll to see if you can find the person from the few details you do have
  • See, this is where I think it's wrong. Ebay is based on trust and both addresses should be known to both the seller and buyer not just a buyer's address to a seller because situations like this do crop up.

I'll give my bank a ring tomorrow but I'm not confident.

I also had the electoral idea going around in my head, I'll contact Ebay to get some contact details and see where I can go from there.

Thanks for the reply!
  • Request her details via eBay:
    http://shop.ebay.co.uk/ebayadvsearch/__W0QQ_advZ1QQ_sofindtypeZ9?_rdc=1#ContactInfo

She will get sent your details, and you will get sent her's. If you give her a call and there is no response file a claim with PayPal stating that you have attempted all means to contact her, and there is no reply.

If PayPal see that you have done your best to contact the seller they usually work in your favor.
  • Request her details via eBay:
    http://shop.ebay.co.uk/ebayadvsearch/__W0QQ_advZ1QQ_sofindtypeZ9?_rdc=1#ContactInfo

She will get sent your details, and you will get sent her's. If you give her a call and there is no response file a claim with PayPal stating that you have attempted all means to contact her, and there is no reply.

If PayPal see that you have done your best to contact the seller they usually work in your favor.

Thanks for the link, Savy.

I have emailed her and given her a warning so if she doesn't respond then I'm going to Ebay and requesting her details.
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Request her details via eBay:

You don't get full details anymore (unless they have changed it again). You just get an area and a telephone number.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • ... file a claim with PayPal stating that you have attempted all means to contact her, and there is no reply.

Paypal won't help. It has been more than 60 days, so as far as they are concerned it is all okay.
    This is my opinion. There are many others like it but this is mine
    :kisses2: Fiancee of the "lovely" DaveAshton :kisses2:
    I am a professional ebay seller. I work hard at my job, I love my job, if you think it's silly that's your problem not mine. :p
  • The seller wrote back and has now confirmed in writing she is not willing to refund me but will send the ticket when she gets it.

I have asked her for the ref number she got from ticketmaster so I can call them myself about this.

If she doesn't reply back with one then it's off to small claims court!
  • Why has she not got the ticket from Ticketmaster yet ? Surely the tickets have all been dispatched long ago ?
  • deq123deq123 Forumite
    227 Posts
    My daughter received hers in the week or so before xmas!
    Why has she not got the ticket from Ticketmaster yet ? Surely the tickets have all been dispatched long ago ?
    Sell £1000 in 2016 - £12.48/£1000
    Earn £2016 in 2016 - £0.00/£1000

• pinkshoespinkshoes Forumite
    18.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    £105 for an MJ souvenir ticket?!? Are you nuts?!?!

Just get her phone number from ebay, phone her, and tell her that she has 7 days to refund you, otherwise you will be taking her to the small claims court. You've waiting long enough!

Is it too late to leave feedback now?
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals