Misleading description

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
15 replies 1K views
2»

Replies

• I have to say though, on reading the description, it was pretty clear that it was collection only. :D

Although the seller did list it wrong and the buyer would have been within rights to ask for it to be sent to them for free
  • They could have asked, but I don't think they'd get very far!
    :j30/7/10:j

:j24/1/14 :j
  • well i am just glad i got out of that one. seller never got back to me. perhaps they got a relative to outbid me...
    QUIDCO £2827 paid out since October 2007:D
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    68.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say though, on reading the description, it was pretty clear that it was collection only. :D

The thing here is though that seller has listed it incorrectly as a free postage item. The headline figure, and the amount shown on the invoice would show free post.

A collection item would have needed to have the 'collection only' item box ticked. However then there is no free listing even for private buyers so this may have been a deliberate attempt to work round the rules.

If buyer pays full amount as shown and gets their payment refunded and doesn't get the goods ebay would allow a non performing seller complaint and a neg to be left.

Sellers need to be sure they understand ebay before using it, stating officially that something will be posted free of charge is not the same as listing as collection only.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • soolin wrote: »
    The thing here is though that seller has listed it incorrectly as a free postage item. The headline figure, and the amount shown on the invoice would show free post.

A collection item would have needed to have the 'collection only' item box ticked. However then there is no free listing even for private buyers so this may have been a deliberate attempt to work round the rules.

If buyer pays full amount as shown and gets their payment refunded and doesn't get the goods ebay would allow a non performing seller complaint and a neg to be left.

Sellers need to be sure they understand ebay before using it, stating officially that something will be posted free of charge is not the same as listing as collection only.

thank you!!!
    QUIDCO £2827 paid out since October 2007:D
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides