Changing Aus $ back to Sterling

Options
Hi I have recently come back from Australia and have $100 left and I was wondering where the best place is to exchange my money back into Sterling? cheers for any help.

Comments

• ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    do you have any friends who will be going at any point in the near future? Selling to them at a rate that's fair to both you and them is probably the best option.

Or you can check the buy back section here.

http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • ERICS_MUM
    ERICS_MUM Posts: 3,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Any bank or bureau de change e.g. in Tesco's or Sainsbury's will buy them back from you. The rate will not be competitive but TBH it won't make much difference on a small amount. I wouldn't spend time looking for the best rate.

Linda

PS hope you had a good trip down under !
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it's worth it to you to get an extra £ or two, wander around your local High Street looking for the best deal. If you have a better way of using that half hour don't bother, just use the first one you come to.

Which is the best outfit will vary from day to day. It's no good looking online (online rates are different) and even on the same day Thos Cook in town A may be different to Thos Cook in town B.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure