Mobile Broadband

Hi All,

Hope i'm posting in the right place.

I'm was wondering if anyone knows if there is any good mobile boardband deals going around at the moment I'm really wanting one with a free laptop if poss.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• jclegs
    jclegs Posts: 323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It all depends on the coverage in your area and also areas where you expect to use it.
  • Bear in mind the laptops are not free, either. Sure, you walk out of the store with it, but you still pay for it (and then some) over the life of the contract. It works out cheaper to buy the laptop and dongle/SIM separately.
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
  • DonnyDave
    DonnyDave Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    gems3286 wrote: »
    I'm was wondering if anyone knows if there is any good mobile boardband deals going around at the moment I'm really wanting one with a free laptop if poss.
    "Free laptop" .... lol

Did you not think of writing to Santa Claus for one?
  • As a first port of call, try your own mobile network. Not too long ago I got a "50% lifetime discount" from 3 for mobile broadband. 5GB for £7.50/month. No contract either, and a free dongle. Not that I needed the hardware - my nice shiny new netbook has built in 3G modem :)
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
  • Sho
    Sho Posts: 63 Forumite
    For starters try out the mobile braodband donlges. Try ro get one on PAYG see if you can get any network/reception. If you can, then go for it.

Three, do the best offer on a rolling contract.
  • ExTra_2
    ExTra_2 Posts: 97 Forumite
    I wouldn't be bother with mobile dongle. I have put up with it for almost 18 months. Finally, I am going to smash it when my landline and wifi is set up at home. It's good as a secondary device, but not as the only way to go onto the Internet. But if you must get one then 3 one month roll on is pretty good. 15 pounds for 5 GB and when I called to cancel it, many questions asked, but no troubles.
  • Don't sign up for a deal.
    Get a laptop from PC world or whatever.
    Get PAYG dongle from vodafone around £30 or get an unlocked dongle off ebay and put a giff gaff sim in it. Giffgaff is 02 but FREE internet until May 2010 - fair use applies - 100 meg a day.
    If then and only then you are using the net a lot sign up for a contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure