Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

OLD MOBILE PHONES please

(follow us on twitter) @Funds4Rescue is a funding organisation aiming to boost Mountain Rescue Service (England & Wales) by up to £500,000 in 2010. We are asking all those who got a new mobile phone this Xmas, to send there old ones for recycling. Working phones, with any chargers, leads, discs etc. These will be recycled and the profits will benefit MRSEW to help with equipment, running costs and the free to all service.
Mountain Rescue get no government funding, is run by volunteers and there are teams covering all areas including many towns and cities.
Getting call-outs 24-7, 365 days per year , through the Police-Ambulance and Fire Brigade, the volunteers teams have the extra manpower and dedicated men and women, that have the experience and equipment to serach for all anyone missing or in need of help. This winter they have had a record number of calls.

Send your stuff: visit our twitter page or PM me here. (funds4rescue at 37 dot com)
many thanks.

Phones
I-Pods (working or not).

Comments

• dehaani
    dehaani Posts: 604 Forumite
    knowloads wrote: »
    Mountain Rescue Service (England & Wales)
    You want to get up to Scotland, there's a load of mountains there too!

Good luck with the fund raising.
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Is that a registered charity?
  • borders_dude
    borders_dude Posts: 1,974 Forumite
    You have included a (partial)domain name link. The one to twitter.

You should be aware of this rule:
    To be on this board posts must obey the following rules:

1. Any links must benefit a UK registered charity. The details of the charity number and link to the website must be given.
    When dealing with the CSA its important to note that it is commonly accepted as unfit for purpose, and by default this also means the staff are unfit for purpose.
  • borders_dude
    borders_dude Posts: 1,974 Forumite
    knowloads wrote: »
    (follow us on twitter) @Funds4Rescue is a funding organisation aiming to boost Mountain Rescue Service (England & Wales) by up to £500,000 in 2010. We are asking all those who got a new mobile phone this Xmas, to send there old ones for recycling. Working phones, with any chargers, leads, discs etc. These will be recycled and the profits will benefit MRSEW to help with equipment, running costs and the free to all service.
    Mountain Rescue get no government funding, is run by volunteers and there are teams covering all areas including many towns and cities.
    Getting call-outs 24-7, 365 days per year , through the Police-Ambulance and Fire Brigade, the volunteers teams have the extra manpower and dedicated men and women, that have the experience and equipment to serach for all anyone missing or in need of help. This winter they have had a record number of calls.

Send your stuff: visit our twitter page or PM me here. (funds4rescue at 37 dot com)
    many thanks.

Phones
    I-Pods (working or not).

I note you made the exact same posting in the techie stuff thread, you arnt spamming are you?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=28427101#post28427101
    When dealing with the CSA its important to note that it is commonly accepted as unfit for purpose, and by default this also means the staff are unfit for purpose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure