£161,044.25 reasons to be mortgage free

Options

Comments

• wantabetterlife
    Options
    So the mortgage balance has update and we are at £126126..i really want to try and pay off another £126 to get us into the £125's but money is going to be very tight this month in the run up to xmas so I am not sure I will be able to do it!
    My ebay listings end this evening... I only have a bid on one thing, so at the very least I will have 4.99 to overpay :rotfl:
    Credit card £4461.15Home mortgage £137117Buy to let mortgage £83,000
  • BlueMoo
    BlueMoo Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options
    Well, it is always good to have a target!
    M3 Dec2015 #160 Target £150,000 (BU £155000)
  • wantabetterlife
    Options
    Definitely Bluemoo..it certainly keeps me motivated :D

Okay so three of the ebay items sold and I have made £40 after postage. All the items have been posted and I made sure and asked for proof of postage this time :mad:.
    Previous ebayer never replied to say whether or not the item turned up so I think she only has 4 days left to respond and then her thirty days are up.
    Halifax have paid their £5 reward so along with the ebay money that is £45 overpaid..only another £81 to go, actually I will need £82 to get me into the 125's.
    Tomorrow evening I am planning on listing my maternity clothes on ebay, I don't have that much but hopefully will get another £20. It seems easier when you break it down into smaller chunks!
  • AdmiralAsda
    Options
    I love your title. It's absolutely brilliant.

Your diary is excellent - you're doing so well!

Keep up the great job!

-The Admiral
    SPC #342
  • wantabetterlife
    Options
    Thanks Admiral..i tend to take fits and starts with the whole money saving thing. At the minute I am really motivated but I am back to work in a few weeks from maternity leave so am trying to do all the ebaying and selling now because I wont have much time when I am working :(.
    Got a surprise cheque through the post today...a refund on key cover by our car insurance broker because it was already included in our policy...£16.42 :j:j...rounded up and paid £20 off the mortgage...watch out 125's...im coming to get you :rotfl::rotfl:
  • wantabetterlife
    Options
    The end of another weekend..a fairly quiet one for us with not too much spending.
    I ordered DS birthday present today and used £36 of Tesco vouchers to help pay for it. Also received £2.80 from quidco...rounded up to £40 and off to the Halifax it went :j:j. Only £22 more to find :j
    The ebay case has finally been closed and I didn't have to refund the money :D..four more items listed this evening as it was free listing, mostly maternity clothes so hopefully will make a few pounds.
  • wantabetterlife
    Options
    I HAVE DONE IT :j:beer::j....balance is now £125996!!! Sold an item for £15 and two of DDs dance classes were cancelled that would have cost £10...the £25 has been sent to the Halifax. Happy Friday everyone :D:D:D
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    :T:T:T Nice one :T:T:T
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • tootoo
    tootoo Posts: 681 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yay - well done:)
    MFW.....Apr 33 Aim - Dec 26
  • wantabetterlife
    Options
    Very quiet on the mortgage front here as I am completely skint due to xmas :mad:. Another monthly payment has cleared which takes us to 125,580 :D.
    I am part of the MF in 3 challenge and in the first year we have managed to clear £7237 off the balance :j:j.
    We have decided to go on a fixed mortgage deal...our monthly payments are only going up by £20 and this is a four year deal...to be honest I am getting worried because we are in negative equity with our house as the Halifax are valuing it at 109k. If interest rated were to go up we would be up the creek without a paddle as no other mortgage company would want us...I hope we have made the right decision :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport