Re-home an unwated gift for free (and make a sick child smile)

Options

Comments

• vikki_louise
    vikki_louise Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    URGENT APPEAL- 10 year old Katy is very ill with a brain tumour, you might of seen her in the news this week as they induced her Mum so she could meet her baby sister. Post Pals are appealing for people to send Katy and her sister Charley a card, letter or little gift to make them smile. Post Pals record is 100 cards to Jack Bradley B in a week when he was very ill, can you help break that record and make a very poorly child smile?
    http://www.postpals.co.uk/pals/katy+h
    Please share and post the link and appeal where ever you can

katy+h.jpg
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • smorie
    smorie Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    i just cried my eyes out reading all their stories.
    Absolutely gutted and heartbroken
  • vikki_louise
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]I'm very sad to say Katy passed away about an hour ago http://www.postpals.co.uk/news.php[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you to everyone who took the time to make Katy smile, it really cheered her up and she enjoyed the post a lot. Please keep writing to Charley as it will be a difficult time for her (just chat like you would to any 8 year old).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you again[/FONT]
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • lizzie2001
    Options
    :cry: R.I.P Katy... such a shame x
  • DODO_2
    DODO_2 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Puts everything into context . Poor family

What a worthy cause
  • thriftyemma
    Options
    I saw the appeal last week, and was so touched by Katy's story I went straight out and bought a football card I thought she'd like. Then I put it on my kitchen side and forgot about it. Was just coming back here to find the link, so I could post it, and heard the news. My heart goes out to her family. And I think that teaches me not to put things off. RIP Katy. xx
  • vikki_louise
    Options
    Bumping a year on as its that time of year again
  • vikki_louise
    Options
    Bumping for the first time in 2 years x
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Thank you.
    I will see whether I have anything to send (don't have any kids in the close family) otherwise I might go and buy somethings :)
    ally.
  • zoescrims
    zoescrims Posts: 2,865 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the bump!

I have a lot of girls stationery like pencils and jacq wilson notepads and other notepads, could any child benefit from them?

The stories are heart breaking to read :( but ive decided rather than sel them i will donate them so pease let me know a childs name that can use them.Also my gilrs have out grown their fairy story books,would the parents want these? sorry for the daft questions but i dont want to be insensitive and send things that are of no use.

Thanks
    2020 Jan: storage box,£150 pots & pans, £50 restaurant voucher,dining experience,19 tubes of Pringles Feb: £50 food giftcard,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure