Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Christmas eve - What are you cooking today? - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

Christmas eve - What are you cooking today?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
43 replies 5.4K views
1235»

Replies

• ragz_2ragz_2 Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Thriftlady I was thinking the exact same thing about the gammon in cider rather than coke - esp when my SIL pointed out that I won't DRINK the stuff so why would I eat it?! I get caught up in recipes lol

PauliesGirl Hope everything is OK

Well I actually didn't aspend nearly as much time in the kitchen as I thought I would, though I have done nearly everything I planned. Spent an hour or so over a friend's house (borrowing a dish) and did last minute shopping bits. Benefited from 20p chicken drummers and ham in Co-op so that's what everyone got for tea!

Got DH to do the Swede in the end, he's got to be good for something.

BIL turned up from Bristol so he's taken DH out to the pub, hopefully they will win me something nice in the raffle!

Still got to put Beef in SC but don't want to do that until I go to bed or it'll be in there too long. May do a few more veg. Must stop eating chocolate fingers - oh, only 3 left, may as well finish them then...
    Ragz is busy studying ;)
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • CaterinaCaterina Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breakfast (DH cooked): eggy bread, tea

Lunch: each of us looked after him/herself as we were all over the place, I had a plateful of toasted bread with chopped tomatoes, oil and vinegar and a couple of clementines.

Dinner (all the family): pasta with broccoli and mushrooms, mixed salad with coleslaw, grapes, two slices Panettone cake.

Happy Christmas!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Last-minute icing the christmas cake. Relatively new at this. Do bad things happen if you don't let the marzipan dry?

Dinner was porcini risotto with seared trout.

Just me and my fiance tomorrow, so small pheasant defrosting in the kitchen. Will spend the day leisurely cooking, eating and opening a few presents since we can't get to my folks until the 27th and his are overseas. First christmas day without a lot of family around. Feels a bit strange.

Happy Christmas everyone!
    Married Ajichombo on 17th April 2010 :j