Forum Home» Local MoneySaving» Scotland

What is there to do and see in and about Glasgow? - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

What is there to do and see in and about Glasgow?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
82 replies 191.6K views

Replies

• http://www.thelighthouse.co.uk/
    this has a great view of glasgow from the top and is a brilliant gallery and museum for only a few pounds entry fee. i always take visitors here. to make th emost of the view pick a clear day...

a little out of town pollok country park is well worth a visit (best park in britain of 2007 and best park in europe 2008!) also has highland coos, the burrell collection and the best peace and quiet if some sanctuary from the city is required! -again a favourtite with visitors:

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/Residents/Parks_Outdoors/Parks_gardens/pollokcountrypark.htm
  • FrancophileFrancophile Forumite
    765 posts
    Don't mean to hi-jack this thread but I booked the cheap flights from Belfast to Glasgow as well. I was wondering could anyone recommend any good reasonably priced restaurants in the centre of Glasgow. We're not great fans of Indian or Chinese food.
    Member #7 SKI-ers Club
    Norn Ireland Club Member 215
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't mean to hi-jack this thread but I booked the cheap flights from Belfast to Glasgow as well. I was wondering could anyone recommend any good reasonably priced restaurants in the centre of Glasgow. We're not great fans of Indian or Chinese food.

I've popped your post into this thread as you may find some suitable recommendations here.
  • edited 5 September 2010 at 3:48PM
    cmonthehoopscmonthehoops Forumite
    139 posts
    edited 5 September 2010 at 3:48PM
    One thing you will be pleased to no is we are a friendly happy crowd :dance::dance:
    'HAIL HAIL' :dance:
  • Just got back Wednesday afternoon after a lovely 3 days in Glasgow. The weather stayed fine and we had a really nice time. Did the shops on Monday, and the open top bus tour on Tuesday so squeezed as much as we could into the short time we were there. Also had a couple of great meals and yes the natives were very friendly. Would definitely go back.
    Member #7 SKI-ers Club
    Norn Ireland Club Member 215
  • lainemdlainemd Forumite
    9 posts
    the kelvin grove museum and its free, we can easy spend a whole day in here and still not see everything
  • Just found this thread.
    No one has mentioned Provan's Lordship (right across from the Cathedral) oldest house in Glasgow or the Tenement House museum yet. Both free entry too ;)
  • t1ggert1gger Forumite
    89 posts
    For a reasonably priced meal (for a good restaurant) in the city centre, The Living Room on St Vincent street is nice.

They do lunches too. We were there recently and really liked it.

http://www.thelivingroom.co.uk/venues/glasgow/

• hiya

if you're looking for free stuff to do then sign up to the website itison.com using the signup code CC04. Takes 2 minutes to sign up and you get out on the guestlist for bars, ckubs, theatre showings and exclusisive film screenings. as well as product launches etc. something for everyone. kinda cool!

they send you an email and you just say yes or no to the guestlist. I got invited to a fake bake launch thing, couldn't go sadly as I was bogged down with coursework (bah!)

Hope this helps xx
  • MattjimfMattjimf Forumite
    555 posts
    Just found this thread.
    No one has mentioned Provan's Lordship (right across from the Cathedral) oldest house in Glasgow or the Tenement House museum yet. Both free entry too ;)

Went here last weekend, also took in St Mungo's Museum of religious life and art, the cathedral and Martyrs School, First visit to Glasgow for the girlfriend, probably going to have to return to visit other places.
    Sometimes i surprise myself by being right.