Forum Home» Local MoneySaving» Scotland

What is there to do and see in and about Glasgow? - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

What is there to do and see in and about Glasgow?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
82 replies 191.6K views

Replies

• For a really nice meal I would recommend Guys on Candleriggs (nice cosy atmosphere) or Two Fat Ladies on Blythswood Street (fantastic fish). Both do good pre-theatre deals :money: . If you are looking for something a bit special (and expensive!) Bistro at One Devonshire Gardens and Ubiquitous Chip are both lovely. In the West End Stravaigin and Cafe Andaluz (Spanish) are both great and have a good atmosphere.

If you want to see a bit of scenery then a drive to Loch Lomond (approx 30 mins) is always a good bet. The Drovers Inn at Inverarnan by Ardlui is good for food, a few drinks and a bit of atmosphere.
  • will be travelling to glasgow on the 23/02 for 2 nights got 1p flights with ryanair and have used tesco deals for 2 nights in the Marriot Hotel. So far it has cost next to nothing. So would like some suggestions as to what to do and where to go quite fancy a nice meal and a show and can afford to spend a few quid as everything else was so cheap
  • thanks hoopylass but dont fancy anything there but am sure we will find something to amuse us
  • What a brilliant lot of suggestions. Off to Glasgow this weekend to see son 2 at uni, so will definitely be taking up some of these ideas. Thanks all.
    Weight loss - here we go again - watch this space!

US...........And them............
  • epz_2epz_2 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    The Counting House in George Sq is a nice wee witherspoons with a great menu at a good price, fantastic view of the main square in Glasgow too !!

wee, lol yeah i remeber walking in the first time and going !!!!!!, the roof is like 4 stories high.
  • teedy23teedy23 Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    labhras wrote: »
    thanks hoopylass but dont fancy anything there but am sure we will find something to amuse us
    Tell us then. What did you get up to ?
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
  • Cracking thread here folks. Looking forward to my visit to Glas in 2 1/2 weeks!
    John :beer:

Life's too short.........
  • thinking of stopping at the carlton george they have a offer oh
    n 3 nights for 2 looks a really nice hotel hoping to stop late november for some xmas shopping and sightseeing been to scotland many times but never glasgow am i in for a goodun ps i like my food and drink in that order
  • the_mackem wrote: »
    thinking of stopping at the carlton george they have a offer oh
    n 3 nights for 2 looks a really nice hotel hoping to stop late november for some xmas shopping and sightseeing been to scotland many times but never glasgow am i in for a goodun ps i like my food and drink in that order

If you are shopping, the Carlton George is just the place for you. Right in the city centre. It has it's own restaurant "windows" which has great views across the rooftops of the city centre. Next door is Waxy O'Connors which has six bars on three levels and does good pub grub too (their crock of mussels is well worth it!). Foodwise you are surrounded by places - what sort of thing do you like. A website called https://www.5pm.co.uk is good - you'll get some lunch/dinner bargains there.

What kind of sightseeing do you fancy?