"Your credit matters" anyone heard of them?

Options
Hi Folks

Happy Xmas to you all! Just a quick question, I have recently been getting phone calls from a company called Your Credit Matters. They say I can claim against any loans ,credit cards etc pre 2007 because of a change in the law. They say they are a no win no fee company as long as I pay a deposit up front.

Is this true about the law change? has anyone heard of this company? or had dealings with them?

any advice would be great!!!

Comments

• sharpdeath
    sharpdeath Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah, my advice is don't bother! You can do it yourself for the princely sum of about £15 by using the templates on here. Don't touch these type of companies with a barge pole. They'll take your money then you wont hear anything for ages if at all. No win, no fee but have to pay upfront? Errr, don't think so. Hope I've helped you! :D
    All the time you're watching your back, you can never look forward...
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    ljstevens wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Happy Xmas to you all! Just a quick question, I have recently been getting phone calls from a company called Your Credit Matters. They say I can claim against any loans ,credit cards etc pre 2007 because of a change in the law. They say they are a no win no fee company as long as I pay a deposit up front.

Is this true about the law change? has anyone heard of this company? or had dealings with them?

any advice would be great!!!
    Personally I would steer clear of any company that makes "claims" like they have to you. You would be best asking on the loans thread TBH cause this is mainly PPI related. I take it this is not as it does not mention PPI and mentions about the agreements and i assume flaws in the agreeements. I am sure you will get some more info over there.
  • sharpdeath
    sharpdeath Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Options
    Makes me laugh that doing a quick google search, at the same address, is a company selling loans, mortgages and insurance. :rolleyes:
    All the time you're watching your back, you can never look forward...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They say I can claim against any loans ,credit cards etc pre 2007 because of a change in the law. They say they are a no win no fee company as long as I pay a deposit up front.

So there is a fee then if you have to pay up front.

Their claims are also misleading. A tiny minority of loans can fall foul of the consumer credit act. Any claims company that gives the impression of a high chance of success if telling porkies.

There was a media article a while back that where a big claims company, albeit remaining unnamed, admitted that they had tens of thousands of people putting in claims but not one success.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • johnsonpac
    Options
    Hi, i have just found out that they did me for £435 its been nearly 3 years since i paid them.
    I rang them for an update and the number dont work ant they are in liquidation, any advise on what to do next?
  • the_knitting_drummer
    Options
    johnsonpac wrote: »
    Hi, i have just found out that they did me for £435 its been nearly 3 years since i paid them.
    I rang them for an update and the number dont work ant they are in liquidation, any advise on what to do next?
    Find a new CMC, who charge an even bigger up front fee, and see if they are any better. Failing that, give it a go yourself.
    I drum and knit to help Independent Drummers and Knitters to comply with their rhythms and knitting patterns. Although I am qualified to, I don't advise drummers or knitters for reward.
  • neverletitgetyoudown
    Options
    hi

My advice would be DO IT YOURSELF!!!!! CMCs charge loads and you would get the same answer by doing it yourself and getting letters from here and advice :money:
  • skinmelin
    Options
    I was contacted by this company at the end of Oct 2009. I was told it would take only a few weeks to claim my PPI back and I could pursue a couple of UCCAs.
    I paid for the UCCAs but nothing for the PPI work.
    I heard nothing for months, until a letter came from YCM to say I hadn't signed something for them to continue with the claims. This was not true as I had made the effort to contact the company myself through phone and email. This was when they were contactable by phone and email and the woman there was very pleasant and helpful.
    In March of 2010 I was contacted by a company called Key Financial Claims who were taking over my PPI claims. However, they had only just received the paperwork after 6 months. I had sent everything to YCM months before.
    I have heard little to nothing from YCM but KFC have kept in contact and explained the process. I did receive a payout from DFS but I'm still waiting for results of claims for PPI on two loans which I know have been received by the FOS as they have contacted me themselves. It has been a long process.
    I have heard NOTHING from YCM for months, except a letter dated July 2010 which states that my claim against Santander (HSBC) was taken out prior to Jan 2005 and that they could not process the claim further. I could have told them it was before 2005!!! Why did they not figure that out 19 months previously when I sent them my paperwork?
    The Client Application Pack clearly states 'We operate a 100% refund for 0% success' but the small print states they can charge for an auditing and administration service. Taking 19 months to check the date on a piece of paper when a 30 sec phone call to me could have cleared it up does not warrant a £500 fee.
    I have made a complaint to the Ministry of Justice and to YCM. I TOLD them to return my money as I did not feel they had met their agreement in the paperwork provided but I heard nothing. I still have heard nothing.
    I am considering Small Claims Court, if only to show how unprofessional these people are. In my opinion, do not go near them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure