Question about cancelling PPI

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    woodymeg wrote: »
    thank you for both getting back to me, regarding taking it to fos di dont i have to wait so long for them to reply etc or give final response.

Hi hun

Yes they have 8 weeks in full, if you hear nothing in that time then your still entitled to move on to the FOS.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • woodymeg
    woodymeg Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi hun

Yes they have 8 weeks in full, if you hear nothing in that time then your still entitled to move on to the FOS.;)
    Thanks Di will get letter sent off tmorra x ;)
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks Di will get letter sent off tmorra x ;)

Good luck to you hunni X:)
  • woodymeg
    Options
    Good luck to you hunni X:)
    hi just abit of an update from the above
    I phoned one of the companies today as they said they would respond to my complaint by 18th april , any way spoke to really nice lady saying that a letter had been sent out answering my questions regarding my complaint. she mentioned there was a goodwill gesture also, so i was thinking bet its a £100 or something like that , but when i asked could she tell me how much it was for she said £1550.68 i was stunned as i know this company has been quite difficult in past posts, so was really pleased just waiting for letter to actually read what they have said, but again hopefully another success not in mis selling but in mis informing us about the insurance :):)
  • di3004
    Options
    hi just abit of an update from the above
    I phoned one of the companies today as they said they would respond to my complaint by 18th april , any way spoke to really nice lady saying that a letter had been sent out answering my questions regarding my complaint. she mentioned there was a goodwill gesture also, so i was thinking bet its a £100 or something like that , but when i asked could she tell me how much it was for she said £1550.68 i was stunned as i know this company has been quite difficult in past posts, so was really pleased just waiting for letter to actually read what they have said, but again hopefully another success not in mis selling but in mis informing us about the insurance :):)

Wow, this is good news :T:T:j happy to hear this, well done.:beer:
  • woodymeg
    Options
    Wow, this is good news :T:T:j happy to hear this, well done.:beer:
    Thanks di, really thought i would hit a brick wall with this but i didnt ask for it all back just from when the loan was paid back in full. One more to go but this one is the insurer cardiff pinnacle and again didnt get a def NO they said they will look into it for me.:)
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks di, really thought i would hit a brick wall with this but i didnt ask for it all back just from when the loan was paid back in full. One more to go but this one is the insurer cardiff pinnacle and again didnt get a def NO they said they will look into it for me.:)

Hi hun, well lets hope you hear some very good news on this one too soon, fingers crossed.:beer:
  • woodymeg
    Options
    Recieved a chq back from cardiff pinacle last week because i complained about been mis-informed, they agreed to give me a rebate from when the loan was redeemed in 2006, only had the laon for 6 months so got a refund of £3250.00, original ppi was for £4260 so a lessoned learned there as they took £1100 for 6 months cover!!!! They said if not happy couls still take to fos, dont know whether to chance my luck in claiming interest back x :j
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Andy_Boro_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 7:54PM
    Options
    its upto you obviously its 8% so it may work out to be a fair chunk. Congradulations on the refunds
  • woodymeg
    Options
    Andy_Boro wrote: »
    its upto you obviously its 8% so it may work out to be a fair chunk. Congradulations on the refunds
    Thank you x might have a go they can only say no ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure