Question about cancelling PPI

Options
When i got affered a goodwill jesture from freedom finance obviously they have not admitted liability of mis selling ppi, so I am assuming that they are paying me the money not the two companies that I had the insurance with, they said that i can also approach the two companies regarding a rebate.
Please after reading next paragraph dont think im been greedy but just wanted to know where I stand with this question:-
Can I complain to the companies about not cancelling the insurance when loan was paid off, freedom actually said i should have been informed by these companies as to whether we wanted to carry on or cancel, we was never approached, and if it wasnt for this site we wouldnt have realised that they are still live because over the last 4 years they have never contacted us.
Just wondered where we stand on this one.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    woodymeg wrote: »
    When i got affered a goodwill jesture from freedom finance obviously they have not admitted liability of mis selling ppi, so I am assuming that they are paying me the money not the two companies that I had the insurance with, they said that i can also approach the two companies regarding a rebate.
    Please after reading next paragraph dont think im been greedy but just wanted to know where I stand with this question:-
    Can I complain to the companies about not cancelling the insurance when loan was paid off, freedom actually said i should have been informed by these companies as to whether we wanted to carry on or cancel, we was never approached, and if it wasnt for this site we wouldnt have realised that they are still live because over the last 4 years they have never contacted us.

Hi Wooodymeg, hope your well.;)

Your not being greedy hun, its your money, yes go for it.:beer:

I would defo give it a go, it seems you have good reasons to.

Good luck, please let us know how you get on.

Di
    X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • woodymeg
    woodymeg Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi Wooodymeg, hope your well.;)

Your not being greedy hun, its your money, yes go for it.:beer:

I would defo give it a go, it seems you have good reasons to.

Good luck, please let us know how you get on.

Di
    X
    Thanks Di,
    yes im well except for a cold:o
    hope you are x
    Just ive not read any where that i can remember any one doing this its always been about misselling not actually misinforming, but will give it a go anyway I think unless some one says that i have no chance whatsoever (te he)
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks Di,
    yes im well except for a cold:o
    hope you are x
    Just ive not read any where that i can remember any one doing this its always been about misselling not actually misinforming, but will give it a go anyway I think unless some one says that i have no chance whatsoever (te he)

With pleasure.;)

Hope you get better soon, it seems that everyone has this horrible damn cold doesn't it?:confused:

If you have a complaint of any sort, you can try to complain about it, I have about one of my banks.;)
    It is actually about the way we have been treated, and the adjudicator is actually on to it as we speak.

So give it a go, fingers crossed for you.:beer:
    Not doing too bad thank you XX
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Certainly, go or it.;)
  • woodymeg
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    Certainly, go or it.;)
    hi not been on for a while, just still debating about writing and complaining to both companies about not informing us when we paid both loans off that the insurances were kept live, i know its abit of our ignorance as to how there one off payments worked and just thought that once we had paid them off every thing would be cancelled. One of the insurances actually finished in january this year again no correspondace from insurance company or company we got loan through to say it had ended, if it wasnt for this site i wouldnt know half the stuff i do now, this is what really annoys me as id be still ignorant to iit all. Any way am all relaxed as had a nice hol in tenerife but now wondering should i go for it or just let it lie as one of the companies is ge money!!!!!! any suggestions welcome as how to explain that its not the misselling but the miss informing or no contact we have not had in the last 5 years x
  • woodymeg
    Options
    please any advise anyone x
  • woodymeg
    Options
    please any one any ideas
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi hun

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, I would definately continue with this to be honest.

Have you thought about taking this to the FOS?

Do keep on at them, they hope to try to put you off, but you have your reasons here.;)
  • donotpassgo_2
    Options
    Hi Woodymeg,
    Sorry I havent had experience of this however I have been ignorant about having PPI and complained and I would think that this is worth complaining to.
    Hopefully somebody else will be along soon to help you.;)
  • woodymeg
    Options
    thank you for both getting back to me, regarding taking it to fos di dont i have to wait so long for them to reply etc or give final response.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure