Boots after-Christmas sales - 75% off now over?

Options

Comments

• beyond_skint
    Options
    pugsley_h wrote: »
    Hee hee - this reminds me of last year - I stayed up all night trying to get my 75% bargains on line, then went to two stores (first one at 8.30am) - then went in hospital at lunchtime to be induced with my son who was 10 days overdue :rotfl:So no sleep because of the sale - followed by a 31 hour labour!

You must get your priorities right - 75% sale has to come first lol

Oh My God!!!!!!
    You crazy !!! fool lol congrats on the baby 31 hours blimey!!!! and I moaned at my 2 and 1/2 :eek:
  • skibster
    skibster Posts: 3,808 Forumite
    Options
    wendym wrote: »
    Not that I need to get a life or anything, but I saved this, referring to last year:

The online 75% off sale started in the early hours of Wednesday 9th January then instore on the following Tuesday 15th January.

Hmm, looking at the calendar, last 9 Jan was a Friday and the 15th was a Thursday. Maybe you got the dates mixed up, or your note was from another year? Or maybe I'm wrong, it's late and I'm sleepy, lol.
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Options
    I seem to have confused everyone, myself included. The sentence I saved was from the old Boots thread, posted by someone who said she had definitely checked her diary. I've just checked, and the dates refer to 2008, so I'm very sorry.
    And Pugsley_h is unlikely to have forgotten anything about that day! So let's hope floralaura is right about 14th this time.
    I'll get me coat.
  • bonytony_2
    Options
    Not even had christmas yet!
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    thats just what my husband says! you men cant possibly understand a sale, its the feeling you get when you watch your team play lol
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • skibster
    skibster Posts: 3,808 Forumite
    Options
    Finally got my hatbox; funny how memories of all the hassle melt if you actually get the sale goods from Boots. Guess that's why we'll battle the wonky Web site in a couple of days! lol
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Options
    hope its a good one. I will be checking early hours of christmas morning to see what is about while doing last minute prep for santa
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • Rienchen
    Options
    Is there going to be just one time on Christmas Eve/Christmas morning(night) when the website goes offline and then when it returns all Christmas gifts will be 50% off or will they reduce them throughout the day and not all at once?
    Just want to make sure to only put one order in...
    £9500/£10000 baby fund saved so far
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Options
    Rienchen wrote: »
    Is there going to be just one time on Christmas Eve/Christmas morning(night) when the website goes offline and then when it returns all Christmas gifts will be 50% off or will they reduce them throughout the day and not all at once?

It never works to put the words 'logic' and 'Boots sale' in the same sentence.
  • shirlgirl2004
    Options
    Rienchen wrote: »
    The reductions happen all at once. The site going offline is shortly after the sale has started because their servers can't cope. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure